IGCSE revision guides?

Watch this thread
Preet28
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hi guys im doing IGCSE and i wanted to ask if anyone can suggest what they feel is the best revision guides for...
Biology
physics and
chemistry
:confused:
Can i just use GCSE revision guides?if so which are the best?
thanks.
-Aimee-
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 15 years ago
hey, i used a gcse book for my igcse sciences. it wasn't bad at all, although there were a couple of topics in the igcse syllabus that was not in gcses, but surely your teacher must have provided you with notes on this. i'm sorry i cant remember what the book was called
however, my science teacher back then did say that the gcse book covers about 95% of the igcse material. and...well, 95% is more than enough for an A* :tongue: unless you absolutely want 100%, then i guess working off the syllabus and researching the extra material is sufficient.
g_l
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Which exam board are you taking?
If you do Edexcel get on getrevising.co.uk, and search CGPwned, it has word doc revision guides for all 3 sciences
Good Luck x
jbjbjjnjbjbjb
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by -Aimee-)
hey, i used a gcse book for my igcse sciences. it wasn't bad at all, although there were a couple of topics in the igcse syllabus that was not in gcses, but surely your teacher must have provided you with notes on this. i'm sorry i cant remember what the book was called
however, my science teacher back then did say that the gcse book covers about 95% of the igcse material. and...well, 95% is more than enough for an A* :tongue: unless you absolutely want 100%, then i guess working off the syllabus and researching the extra material is sufficient.
okay o drink milk with juice, and make igcse biology paper black and white with pen ink
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I like the CGP books - they're very user friendly.
Do be aware though that they don't cover absolutely 100% of everything.

The official Pearson books do cover everything but they're absolutely horrible - so dry. I'd rather watch paint dry than read them.

We use a combination of both. We find the topic in the Pearson book, and then refer to the CGP mostly, but pop back to the Pearson one if there's a specific aspect that isn't covered by CGP. Bit faffy I know but I couldn't bear only using Pearson.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (22)
34.38%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (28)
43.75%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (13)
20.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.56%

Watched Threads