Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone think of the exam? i did question 1,3 and 10. i ran out of time but i thought most of the qs were pretty easy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i did 5,6 and 10...

how much did you write for last part of q 10?
    they should give you more time in these exams

ReputationRep:
    all typical questions, nothing unusual

ReputationRep:
    Quiote an easy paper, i did 1, 3 and 10. Luckily you didn't need to know that much just know how to get full marks (the mark scheme is VERY lenient) I was abit pushed for time though, i cud hav dun with an extra 30 seconds finish my sentece but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    Yeah i did 5,6 and 10...

how much did you write for last part of q 10?
    they should give you more time in these exams
    They shouldn't. If everyone is given the same amount of time then it is fair. I think that tighter time makes it easier for the board to distinguish the stronger from the weaker candidates.

I did questions 1, 2 and 11. Doing Option V and Z.

They were all typical questions.

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was quite hard haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    They shouldn't. If everyone is given the same amount of time then it is fair. I think that tighter time makes it easier for the board to distinguish the stronger from the weaker candidates.

Don't get on your high horse, i understand why the board sets limits, i'll just add that if sum VVV annoying teachers took their heals off whn walking into the gym then maybe i would have had an extra 30 seconds instead of thinking, "how annoying im trying to work!" but doens't matter now probs wouldn't have gained any more marks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i think its more important to see who can properly evaluate and analyse info and who actually has good history knowledge than to see who can manage their time better so i think it should have been a two hr paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)

Don't get on your high horse, i understand why the board sets limits, i'll just add that if sum VVV annoying teachers took their heals off whn walking into the gym then maybe i would have had an extra 30 seconds instead of thinking, "how annoying im trying to work!" but doens't matter now probs wouldn't have gained any more marks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tango1)
    i think its more important to see who can properly evaluate and analyse info and who actually has good history knowledge than to see who can manage their time better so i think it should have been a two hr paper.
    Maybe ideally so, but it is possible that with 2 hrs everyone would do so much better that different bands of ability would be less distinguishable.

ReputationRep:
    I think that its only just possible to get decent answers down in that time, but you have to write non-stop.
    Its should definately be 2hrs. I just managed to finish, but I suppose I could have done with more time to think and plan...
    then again even if there was more time, I doubt there would be differences in people who get which grades, because everyone is in the same boat, and grade boundaries would be higher

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.