The Student Room Group

I don't want to use condoms. I do want sex.

Ok, I don't mean just as in, selfishly, it feels worse for me. I mean as in a serious moral objection to contraception. Whats the point in desiring a woman then ruining it with this stupid contraption? I will always be stigmatised and judged for being celibate or single, and not having sex for ages can get to me, plus not having the company of a woman I find attractive. So, should I just go **** it, and if it happens with no condom let it happen?

Scroll to see replies

Unless the woman consents to not using condoms and you're okay with potentially making her pregnant/contracting an STD, no. But if you're okay with both of those things and she's okay with both of those things, then do what you want
God I always know it's you with this weird disordered way of viewing sex. If you don't want to use condoms get a girlfriend. I'm hoping that you'd look after the resulting child or allow the woman to take the pill or something if you're not ready for that.

No one's pressuring you out of your celibacy. Everyone has their own issues and problems to worry about other than your sex life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Do what you want if the girls agrees. But that's really stupid.

If you want to have sex without a condom without being stupid then yeah, get a girlfriend and do what Eveiebaby told you.
Reply 4
Original post by Eveiebaby
God I always know it's you with this weird disordered way of viewing sex. If you don't want to use condoms get a girlfriend. I'm hoping that you'd look after the resulting child or allow the woman to take the pill or something if you're not ready for that.

No one's pressuring you out of your celibacy. Everyone has their own issues and problems to worry about other than your sex life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd feel OK about oral sex and mutual masturbation. But once you're in sorry, it just seems wrong,
Reply 5
Maybe she doesnt want children, or from her point of view theres the risks of STD's
Original post by Anonymous
I'd feel OK about oral sex and mutual masturbation. But once you're in sorry, it just seems wrong,

Well do you know what also feels wrong? A kid when you're not ready for it or Chlamydia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anal?
Ok, I don't mean just as in, selfishly, it feels worse for me. I mean as in a serious moral objection to contraception. Whats the point in desiring a woman then ruining it with this stupid contraption? I will always be stigmatised and judged for being celibate or single, and not having sex for ages can get to me, plus not having the company of a woman I find attractive. So, should I just go **** it, and if it happens with no condom let it happen?

Do you think your morals are more important than a woman having to regret a termination for the rest of her life? Perspectives.

I wouldn't let it near me without a condom and I hope every woman you come across has the same sense of self worth and self preservation.
Reply 9
Did AIDS get cured and nobody thought to tell me?
No body's stopping u, but it comes with possible consequences. So u can't start crying and complaining if u get a girl pregnant or get an std
My partner hates wearing condoms so he doesn't because I'm on contraception and have been for years. Obviously if you're not in a long-term relationship I wouldn't recommend this because of STI's etc. Also there's still like a 0.01% risk of getting pregnant but yeah.
Original post by Melonlemon
Do you think your morals are more important than a woman having to regret a termination for the rest of her life? Perspectives.

I wouldn't let it near me without a condom and I hope every woman you come across has the same sense of self worth and self preservation.

Oh look, It's definitely morally preferable to abortion, no doubt. But it's whether I still think it's wrong, and whether I can be ceilbate. I suppose the other thing factored into this is I am slightly older and may just be getting to the point where I am curious about having a kid. I think when I am an old and die I will treasure the memory of my kids, and also see into a future with them in it. Will I remember a load of contraceptive sex that ended in nothing on my death bed? I already don't remember most times with a condom. It just seems cold and calculated, and endless sex with no reproduction would seem decadent and uncaring.
Original post by Simes
Did AIDS get cured and nobody thought to tell me?

If you think someone has aids and wouldn't tell you, why the hell would you be with them anyway? And I don't want to have vapid sex with strangers anyhow. I want a relationship with interaction beyond that, I know that may seem weird in an era obsessed with staring at devices.
Original post by Eveiebaby
Well do you know what also feels wrong? A kid when you're not ready for it or Chlamydia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But If the person was going to transfer something to you they would long term. I'm not talking about meaninglessly sleeping around, I'm older. And it's empty, I need a relationship more sustaining. The idea of a world of people just looking at screens, no scoail interaction, no real intimacy and interaction in a relationship, and sleeping around from person to person with condoms, may be received wisdom, but it isn't for me.

To address this again, I don't think I'd be forcing a woman who wasn;t into it to doing that, that's a pretty horrible accusation that your post implies-it's more that I'd want to find someone else willing for it to happen in the first place, who was at a stage where they had used contraception for years bu now wanted a kid with me.
What you're basically saying is you only want to have sex with people who you are repulsed by having a child with-paradoxical I think.
Also, you kind of imply hatred in your post of me(or men?) a woman who has self worth won't have a baby, the man is not worthy of impregnating her- it sounds a bit like radical feminism
To address this again, I don't think I'd be forcing a woman who wasn;t into it to doing that, that's a pretty horrible accusation that your post implies-it's more that I'd want to find someone else willing for it to happen in the first place, who was at a stage where they had used contraception for years bu now wanted a kid with me.
What you're basically saying is you only want to have sex with people who you are repulsed by having a child with-paradoxical I think.

Don't get so outraged. You're seeing things that don't exist within my post. There are many men who do their utmost best to cajole a woman into having sex without a condom. Expecting a woman to take all the precautions - ie shoving her body full of hormones on a daily basis just because you want to go in bareback? That's what I find repulsive. Not to mention the toll a termination takes on a woman, or an unwanted pregnancy, or a disease that could ensure she never has the ability to have a family or a disease that would change her life and eventually even take it. That's repulsive. All for a bit of latex and a moral? Selfish.
Don't get so outraged. You're seeing things that don't exist within my post. There are many men who do their utmost best to cajole a woman into having sex without a condom. Expecting a woman to take all the precautions - ie shoving her body full of hormones on a daily basis just because you want to go in bareback? That's what I find repulsive. Not to mention the toll a termination takes on a woman, or an unwanted pregnancy, or a disease that could ensure she never has the ability to have a family or a disease that would change her life and eventually even take it. That's repulsive. All for a bit of latex and a moral? Selfish.

Fine, I respect your view but that isn't me, so please don't level that at me, I wasn't talking or intending co-ercing, I was talking the dilemma between remaining celibate and doing it with a woman who wanted it without a condom, which I was recently offered. It would have been my choice to use a condom, we were so attracted I don't think I'd have the willpower. It's a constant dilemma. One part of me thinks we were made for each other and would have made a beautiful child(please don't attack me as an eviel guy with some feminist rhetoric for this, tell me it's fantasy , or that she hates me, you go girl, she is abiove you etc-not saying you're one of those but they do exist quite a lot) the other part is glad I practiced a quite noble sexual restraint.
Fine, I respect your view but that isn't me, so please don't level that at me, I wasn't talking or intending co-ercing, I was talking the dilemma between remaining celibate and doing it with a woman who wanted it without a condom, which I was recently offered. It would have been my choice to use a condom, we were so attracted I don't think I'd have the willpower. It's a constant dilemma. One part of me thinks we were made for each other and would have made a beautiful child(please don't attack me as an eviel guy with some feminist rhetoric for this, tell me it's fantasy , or that she hates me, you go girl, she is abiove you etc-not saying you're one of those but they do exist quite a lot) the other part is glad I practiced a quite noble sexual restraint.

There's nothing feminist in anything I've said. Just commonsense to point out what it's like for women, seeing as you've pointed out how it is for men.

Quick Reply

Latest