Railcard & Student 18+ Oyster Card

Watch
isteven
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The tfl site said "If you have a 16-25 Railcard, you can add the discount to your 18+ Student Oyster photocard to get a 34% discount on off-peak pay as you go fares and off-peak daily caps on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services in London."

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...ons/18-student

So my question is how do you connect your railcard to your student 18+ oyster card so I can get 33% on pay as you go? I take the train sometimes during off-peak times and this can really save me money.
isteven
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Nervermind solved it myself go to any Tube Station Ticket Office and the people there can help you. Person there linked my railcard to my oyster card within 30seconds, very quick! 30% discount off-peak travel BUT if you go between 6:30am - 9:30am and 4pm-7pm (peak times) you will be charged the full usual peak rate.
legache
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was confused by the TFL website as well. I would only use my student card during the holidays between uni terms and I was wondering if it would be worth buying one or not (considering its £20 for 3 years). Are you saying you get 3% (33% if you link your railcard) off during off-peak? Otherwise only 0% off trains during peak times?
And is it all London trains or just underground?
I wouldn't be using buses and was confused on the website. Thanks!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads