The Student Room Group

I live in london and I'm absolutely terrified.

I live in central central london... next to St. Pauls...

I work in one of the most central parts of london, south kensington.

After the attacks and threats against london next from IS I literally feel in the crosshairs, going from work today you could literally feel all the fear on the public transport, it's afwul.

I know it's irrational to an extent but damn,

****ing hate IS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The feeling is mutual.. :frown: especially when taking the tube
Reply 2
Me too. I'm planning on living in the most remote place in Greenland. Want to join me?
You're about as likely to get attacked by ISIS as tripping over and hitting your head.
Which is pretty likely
Original post by TheMaster102

After the attacks and threats against london next from IS I literally feel in the crosshairs, going from work today you could literally feel all the fear on the public transport, it's afwul.

****ing hate IS

People living in Syria and Iraq are way more likely to get killed by US/UK bombs. So, you have nothing to be afraid of compared to those people.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5

****ing hate IS

You live in one of the safest places in the world. In the past 10 years 1 person has died to Islamic extremists. You have more chance of dying falling down the stairs.
(edited 8 years ago)
ISIS want people to live in fear. Gotta have some faith in our defence mechanisms as well as the international effort against them.

Spare a thought for the innocent lives being lost in Syria and Iraq, though. The sense of fear over there is obviously a lot greater.

In an ideal world none of this would be happening, but this is the way it is :frown:
I figure that a terrorist attack by IS in London is completely inevitable and also completely out of my power so I can't be scared.

I can't give them the power to make me be afraid. I just have to keep going and doing what I need to do until that day comes. If it happens, it happens. I can't stop it. And I won't stop living my life the way I do/have to because of an extremist group that wants to take freedom away from people.

****ing hate IS

Stop being a ****ing pussy mate :laugh: It's not that deep. you're a grown ass man for crying out loud lmfao

When we die we die no running away from that.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Me too. I'm planning on living in the most remote place in Greenland. Want to join me?

I was thinking more of Russia? :redface:
Original post by ivy.98
The feeling is mutual.. :frown: especially when taking the tube

Really? The only thing I fear on the tube is making eye contact with someone..
Unlucky!

Best to avoid the major cities especially London.
Reply 12
Bruh you live in UK and you're feeling like that?
Reply 13
Original post by Use Err Name
Really? The only thing I fear on the tube is making eye contact with someone..

I always feel like wearing sunglasses on the tube but thats too odd lol
Nah its just that tubes are usually are a good place to bomb
Original post by ivy.98
I was thinking more of Russia? :redface:

I don't think Russia would be a great place to leave either... :redface: Moving to the Arctic and becoming an Eskimo is the safest bet. :frown:

OP I don't think anything will happen to you, well not yet anyway. Just wait a 3 months - 1 year... :u:

****ing hate IS

aghhh, I'm gonna be paranoid for weeks tbh :frown:
Reply 16

****ing hate IS

Okay I know it's ****ing terrifying
but

I just feel like warning you because you might have a panic attack

there's gonna be a march in Marble Arch, there will be anti ISIS signs and anti Terrorism signs but it is a Muslim event and it's peaceful, people will be dressed in black and it's gonna take place on the 9th of December.

So don't freak out we're on your side :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17

****ing hate IS

How on earth do you afford to live there??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by drowzee
I don't think Russia would be a great place to leave either... :redface: Moving to the Arctic and becoming an Eskimo is the safest bet. :frown:

OP I don't think anything will happen to you, well not yet anyway. Just wait a 3 months - 1 year... :u:

Siberia is pretty safe though. I know lets live with the penguins :awesome:
Original post by ivy.98
I always feel like wearing sunglasses on the tube but thats too odd lol
Nah its just that tubes are usually are a good place to bomb

Nah that's edgy af. And yeah I suppose you're right but so are football stadiums, museums during school holidays etc. Difficult to live a life when you have that sort of fear

Quick Reply

Latest