The Student Room Group

Bsc with Year Abroad?

I was wondering if after applying for a course and eventually going to a University for a Geography Bsc, could you change to do the university's programme with a year abroad? Or is this not something that could be possible.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by reedmylips
I was wondering if after applying for a course and eventually going to a University for a Geography Bsc, could you change to do the university's programme with a year abroad? Or is this not something that could be possible.

Thanks in advance :smile:

I think it depends on the university but based on where I've asked (Birmingham and UCL) you can change it in two ways. If you achieve the entry requirements for the year abroad course then once you have accepted your place you can contact the university directly and ask to change or you can change at the end of the first year provided you've kept your grades up. Usually it doesn't matter until the end of the first year anyway as the course generally doesn't vary until second year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Oh right thats great then! Yeah as you say, all courses I have applied to are the same in the first year when compared to a year abroad option. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending