Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So today was the day and I know that it is highly unlikely but....anyone sit these papers? Were you as gutted as me to see that the Control paper had a temperature control servo when I had spent forever learning every other type? Just hope that the marks get scaled up something shocking or that A or B is looking increasingly like a C.

ReputationRep:
    Hey how'd you answer the questions for the A2 papers? My exam's in 2 days and I'm desperate for help.

thx.

(Original post by molko)
    Hey how'd you answer the questions for the A2 papers? My exam's in 2 days and I'm desperate for help.

thx.
    Basically, you read the question, ponder over what it is asking of you and then attempt to provide them with a correct wriiten answer....lol. Im not totally sure what your asking?!? :confused: Are you doing AQA?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Basically, you read the question, ponder over what it is asking of you and then attempt to provide them with a correct wriiten answer....lol. Im not totally sure what your asking?!? :confused: Are you doing AQA?!?
    Edexcel...
    like if they ask me to make a final design, how should i answer it fully... know what i mean?

thanx...

(Original post by molko)
    Edexcel...
    like if they ask me to make a final design, how should i answer it fully... know what i mean?

thanx...
    If they give you a spec for something then there will be many ways of going about the design. For instance in the paper that I sat last week, one of the design questions asked for a dc temperature control servomechanism (dunno if they are on your syllabus) and it could have been made in just about any of 3 million ways (op amps and transistors being the easy one ). I wouldn't worry about the specific things that they can ask you, I would concentrate more on understanding the key theory in you syllabus which you can then adapt to solve pretty much any of the questions that they can ask you.

So today was the day and I know that it is highly unlikely but....anyone sit these papers? Were you as gutted as me to see that the Control paper had a temperature control servo when I had spent forever learning every other type? Just hope that the marks get scaled up something shocking or that A or B is looking increasingly like a C.
    i took the aqa paper, comm. was alrite, control was annoying, especially the last part which i thought was the hardest microprocessor segment compared to the pastpapers

(Original post by s-man)
    i took the aqa paper, comm. was alrite, control was annoying, especially the last part which i thought was the hardest microprocessor segment compared to the pastpapers
    You do the lovely exam board, I wish to god we had done AQA. Although the content is pretty much the same (I think we do more in control and you do more comm though because you do mobile comm yes?!?). We got a fairly friendly comm paper too but the control one nearly reduced me to tears. Our programming question was the operation of a stepper motor and I didnt even finish the damn thing. It's gonna take some serious scaling for me to get anywhere near an A or B on those papers though!!!

ReputationRep:
    If they give you a spec for something then there will be many ways of going about the design. For instance in the paper that I sat last week, one of the design questions asked for a dc temperature control servomechanism (dunno if they are on your syllabus) and it could have been made in just about any of 3 million ways (op amps and transistors being the easy one ). I wouldn't worry about the specific things that they can ask you, I would concentrate more on understanding the key theory in you syllabus which you can then adapt to solve pretty much any of the questions that they can ask you.
    then um. would you know where i'd be able to get past papers and mark schemes? that could help a lot.

(Original post by molko)
    then um. would you know where i'd be able to get past papers and mark schemes? that could help a lot.
    The closest things to past papers are one the examing boards respective websites as specimien papers. Unfortunately there is only something like 400 of us doing A2 electronics in the UK so there isn't many publishers for the past papers. I do plan to put the up on a site I'm building over the summer but until then we have to make do with the exam boards examples.

ReputationRep:
    The papers weren't too bad, I didnt finish the microprocessor question though at the end

One one question, I blagged was about the crowbar, we were all wondering afterwards what an earth one was.

Wasn't in any of our notes either.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.