The Student Room Group

Anyone else think Daesh are actually lying about bombing Washington next?

First of all call these SCUMS Daesh and not ISIS!
It is a term that most Arab states and many European governments use to refer to ISIS.

This is a terrorist group and not a state. . . the term Islamic State blurs the lines between Islam, Muslims, and Islamists.

In fact they HATE it when people call them Daesh, they have reportedly threatened to cut out the tongues of anyone they hear using this term.

Depending on how it is conjugated in Arabic, the word Daesh can mean "to trample down and crush." But it can also mean "a bigot."

I have no patience anymore for people who claim that Muslims do not speak out. They do, every day. Muslims are the primary victims of ISIS, and its primary resisters. It is an insult to every one of the hundreds of thousands of Muslim victims of terrorism to lump them with the lunatics who commit terror. The truth is that ISIS unleashes its nihilistic violence on anyone—Muslim, Christian or Jew; believer or unbeliever—who doesn’t subscribe to their cult.
Qur’an6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, savelawfully.” (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the statefor a crime is permitted). 5:53 says, “… whoso kills a soul, unless it be formurder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killedall mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life toall mankind.”

Back to the main topic, I think they wont be that stupid (well actually they ARE) to announce their plans if they want to bomb somewhere. I mean, what I'm trying to say is that they might just want everyone's attention to be focused on Washington thinking that it would be next but then they end up blowing up in an another country?!:unsure:

Would you think?
Reply 1
Your post is confusing.
Why do Muslims always snip the beginning of that verse when quoting it and never post the second verse that follows?

I'll do it though

YUSUFALI: On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

the verse that follows
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,
Original post by BaconandSauce
Why do Muslims always snip the beginning of that verse when quoting it and never post the second verse that follows?

I'll do it though

YUSUFALI: On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

the verse that follows
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

You really have to do some top class cherry picking to make the Qu'ran look good.
Original post by KingBradly
You really have to do some top class cherry picking to make the Qu'ran look good.

You're not wrong

you have to snip the bit that says who the command is for (the children of Israel) and not mention the bit about crucifying people

It's almost like they think we are idiots
(edited 8 years ago)
lol at asking a question in the thread title and 3/4 of your post being about something totally different.
Original post by FluffyCherry
First of all call these SCUMS Daesh and not ISIS!
It is a term that most Arab states and many European governments use to refer to ISIS.

No. To paraphrase Professor McGonagall: Their name is Islamic State; may as well use it, they'll try to kill you anyway.
Original post by Wilfred Little
lol at asking a question in the thread title and 3/4 of your post being about something totally different.

I know but I couldn't let the blatant bull**** escape attention

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending