The Student Room Group

She asked me out - Date or friendly?

Scroll to see replies

How about a friendly date?
Reply 2
well played, sir
It's evident that she likes you. She's just being polite by paying for herself :h:
I don't know. I think people often split the bill of romantic dates, too.
5 reals tho, don't look too deeply into the money stuff and just go with the flow. You'll figure out from the whole mood of the thing whether the thing was a ting or just a thing
Reply 6
Thanks you the responses guys! To update you I told her it was fine and not to worry about it - think that was okay? Just interested to see how she'll reply now
Maybe there is something there :h: :bunny:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks you the responses guys! To update you I told her it was fine and not to worry about it - think that was okay? Just interested to see how she'll reply now

If she's insistent on paying for her share fight it a bit to make you look generous but don't push it, and give in fairly quickly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Use Err Name

What's a friendly date? as opposed to an unfriendly one? or am i being silly hahaha
Reply 9
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe there is something there :h: :bunny:

If she's insistent on paying for her share fight it a bit to make you look generous but don't push it, and give in fairly quickly.

Thanks for the advice. If i do end up having to give in do you think it makes it more of a friendly meet up? baring in mind we've never spent time just the two of us
Thanks for the advice. If i do end up having to give in do you think it makes it more of a friendly meet up? baring in mind we've never spent time just the two of us

I don't think it changes anything. It's the 21st century hombre, women can support themselves and if they want to pay for their share then fair enough. Even on proper dates people split the bill, or pay for what they themselves ordered etc. Don't read too much into it :h:
Go for it, take her out on a date, she seems genuine
Reply 12

If she absolutely insists on paying for it you can say "okay, how about you get a couple drinks later instead?". That way you also show interest in hanging out with her afterwards and you avoid the awkward situation of actually collecting money from her.
Reply 13
You're in
Say
"Today is on me- you can pay for the next one"
That way the is an opening to there being a repeat.
Original post by Use Err Name

I was thinking about saying exactly the same thing. Thinking on it, its not hard to think of that.
Hi guys, just thought you'd like an update! So today it happened, and i think it went well - though I'm not sure if it was just friendly or whether there's a potential for something more!

The day started with ice skating and it was great fun, conversation was good and we were both not bad at skating! Although I did trip a couple of times which provide some laughs haha. One topic of conversation was about how her friends all have boyfriends and that they invite her to things and tell her to bring a +1, but she doesn't go because she doesn't have a boyfriend. I related to it and said that my mates are all in relationships and they're wanting to do a couples theatre trip - she said she'd come with me, i didn't even ask her to haha. She also spoke about 2 dates she'd been on (one of which was last week) and said that she wasn't into either of the guys.

After ice skating we grabbed a sandwich and a coffee, she ended up paying for the food, i paid for the drinks. Again conversation was fine and we just chatted. We then headed to a rooftop bar and i bought her a drink, she bought me one after. conversation was slightly quieter here but still fine, chilled there for a bit before going for dinner. After that we hugged goodbye, she said she enjoyed the day and that i was welcome to come and visit her anytime.

I text her to make sure she got home okay, she told me it was lovely to see me, and I said the same. I asked her if she'd like to come visit me and we'll do something and she said yeah. Will see what happens.

Friendly or potential? ask me questions haha! appreciate you guys x
defo potential imho
:love: D'aww that is just too cute. It sounds like it has went well, good for you OP :biggrin:
x
For gods sake man, get her into bed before she gets bored of waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending