The Student Room Group

racism of asians towards blacks

anyone experienced it? it's generally more subtle than anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, it happened to me frequently when I was younger. When I went to an mixed school with Asian teachers, a teacher said that I wasn't a Muslim cos I was black/African, and other comments were made by the students. My mum totally lost it with the school and I had to leave.
Yh it happens but the who do it are typically uneducated or backwards in some sense. Immigrants, old people etc.
Reply 3
Original post by MJlover
Yeah, it happened to me frequently when I was younger. When I went to an mixed school with Asian teachers, a teacher said that I wasn't a Muslim cos I was black/African, and other comments were made by the students. My mum totally lost it with the school and I had to leave.

She had no right to say that. Good you left.
reminds me In secondary school i used to walk with a friend who lived across the road. one time she took ages to come out of the house as she was still getting ready so she invited me in. i was sat in the living room waiting and i could hear her mum raising her voicein the kitchen to my friend as she was having breakfast. she was mostly speaking their language but i caught the words 'dirty' and 'black'. feelings of shame ran through me. the walk to school was normal. my friend didn't realise i had heard what was said. i didn't blame her. needless to say i never went back
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yh it happens but the who do it are typically uneducated or backwards in some sense. Immigrants, old people etc.

i agree
Because they know that once you go black, you never go back :smile:
Reply 6
She had no right to say that. Good you left.
reminds me In secondary school i used to walk with a friend who lived across the road. one time she took ages to come out of the house as she was still getting ready so she invited me in. i was sat in the living room waiting and i could hear her mum raising her voicein the kitchen to my friend as she was having breakfast. she was mostly speaking their language but i caught the words 'dirty' and 'black'. feelings of shame ran through me. the walk to school was normal. my friend didn't realise i had heard what was said. i didn't blame her. needless to say i never went back

Reading this makes me feel sad inside :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
anyone experienced it? it's generally more subtle than anything

Yes, I've experienced it a lot of it mostly when it comes to interracial dating.
[QUOTE=MJlover;60669571]Yeah, it happened to me frequently when I was younger. When I went to an mixed school with Asian teachers, a teacher said that I wasn't a Muslim cos I was black/African, and other comments were made by the students. My mum totally lost it with the school and I had to leave.

Gah what a thicko and the joke thing is when South Asian Muslims go to the Arab countries like Saudi. They are seen as lesser than by the Arab Muslims
Reply 9

i do agree but i have to add that actually it's just as much in the younger people too as much as it is in the older people. The elders teach their kids to stay away from the sun for fear of getting darker. so from a very young age they are taught that dark skin is something to be embarrassed about. i would say most asians are racist subconsciously. they don't realise it. it's rooted deeply in their culture. mostly due to media, etc.
Original post by MJlover

The teacher said that you weren't muslim just because you were black? WTF! That teacher is a disgrace of a human being and I guess that teacher would call themselves Muslim (an insult to the Muslim population).

Some stupid Asians and their obsession with skin colour.
Original post by kkboyk
Yes, I've experienced it a lot of it mostly when it comes to interracial dating.

What sort of things has been said to you?
Reply 12
What sort of things has been said to you?

I dont really keep track and don't bother listening anymore, but its usually to do with stereotypes like "he's no good, all he will do is steal from you and abuse you" .
Original post by Raymat
The teacher said that you weren't muslim just because you were black? WTF! That teacher is a disgrace of a human being and I guess that teacher would call themselves Muslim (an insult to the Muslim population).

You just managed to not only be racist but also brand someone a disgrace to humanity from one statement. very impressive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wildleaves
You just managed to not only be racist but also brand someone a disgrace to humanity from one statement. very impressive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He said "some stupid Asians" nothing racist about that statement.
Original post by Raymat

I'm just more wary. Like I should be going to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage soon and I know that I wont always be 100% welcome even though we'd be all the same religion and united there for the sake of God. Its just a sad reality.
Original post by wildleaves

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some not all. And yes,that woman is a complete disgrace to humanity. Do not tell us otherwise. Singling out a child for not being a muslim due to the colour of their skin. Did she forget about bilal, the black man who was beloved to the prophet. What a disgusting foul woman and a complete disgrace
My boyfriend is Asian (Indian and from India) and I'm black. He accepts the colour of my skin and loves me for who I am.

I have experienced a bit of racism from another Asian, when I went to an Asian community with my boyfriend.

The bakery guy was talking to my bf in their language about me, saying "People like them don't eat our kind of food".

Then, my boyfriend said something in defence and paid for the samosas and left.

When my boyfriend told me what happened, I was so annoyed. He was trying to calm me down and eventually i did. I'm glad that I didn't pay for the food, because that guy doesn't even deserve my money or even the opportunity to look at me.

Sadly, people are still ignorant and backwards in this world.
Another thing that i don't understand is the fact that the ignorant ones think it's okay to disguise their racism by communicating in their own language.

It just shows that they're not about that life and too scared to be upfront about it.
Original post by MJlover

That's really sad :frown: sorry you had to go through that...
I'm not black/African, but I have had racism from Asian communities at school...

It was mostly the ones who had been brought up in uneducated, ignorant and backwards homes.. I think it's sadly quite a high number and especially directed toward certain ethnicities/races etc.
I am also a muslim.. but this hatred was directed at me too!

Quick Reply

Latest