The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Applicants for BA Fashion Marketing Fall 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi guys, I've applied to LCF - Fashion Marketing and Ravensbourne - Fashion Promotion which are my top two choices. I really don't know what my chances of getting in are, as I'm not from the UK. I graduated from High School in Sweden in 2010, with quite bad grades. I’ve pursued higher studies in the U.S. and graduated with an Associate’s Degree in Journalism from Santa Monica College and I will be receiving my second A.A. from Fashion Institute of Technology in Fashion Business Management. Since High School, I’ve raised my grades and I now have GPA of 3.60 and 3.68 which means that I’ve received mostly A’s and few B’s in my classes. But I’m still afraid that my grades from High School will affect my chances of getting in…I’m very anxious and can’t understand what kind of GPA they are requiring as they are looking individually on the applicants. I also have experiences with interning and volunteering in the fashion industry if that helps. What kind of grades and experiences did you guys have? Do you think they will ask for a portfolio? Thanks!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Maya-M
Hi guys, I've applied to LCF - Fashion Marketing and Ravensbourne - Fashion Promotion which are my top two choices. I really don't know what my chances of getting in are, as I'm not from the UK. I graduated from High School in Sweden in 2010, with quite bad grades. I’ve pursued higher studies in the U.S. and graduated with an Associate’s Degree in Journalism from Santa Monica College and I will be receiving my second A.A. from Fashion Institute of Technology in Fashion Business Management. Since High School, I’ve raised my grades and I now have GPA of 3.60 and 3.68 which means that I’ve received mostly A’s and few B’s in my classes. But I’m still afraid that my grades from High School will affect my chances of getting in…I’m very anxious and can’t understand what kind of GPA they are requiring as they are looking individually on the applicants. I also have experiences with interning and volunteering in the fashion industry if that helps. What kind of grades and experiences did you guys have? Do you think they will ask for a portfolio? Thanks!

I think you have a really good chance because of your internships and UAL really doesn't care about grades unless you failed the curriculum. Can I just ask if it's ok how old you are? Just out of curiosity because it seems like you have done a lot after high school:tongue:
Reply 82
Thanks for the reply! I really hope so, because it's such a good school to go to. I'm 25, I'll probably be much older than other students lol how old are you :smile: Congratulations for getting in to UAL, how was the interiew, did you also apply to Fashion Marketing? :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Maya-M
Thanks for the reply! I really hope so, because it's such a good school to do to. I'm 25, I'll probably be much older than other students lol how old are you :smile: Congratulations for getting in to UAL, how was the interiew, did you also apply to Fashion Marketing? :biggrin:

Yeah I applied for fashion marketing and I am 18. The interview was quite hard I'm still quite traumatized..:s-smilie:
Reply 84
[QUOTE=Maya-M;62215601]Thanks for the reply! I really hope so, because it's such a good school to go to. I'm 25, I'll probably be much older than other students lol how old are you :smile: Congratulations for getting in to UAL, how was the interiew, did you also apply to Fashion Marketing? :biggrin:

I'm 26, so you're not alone! 😄
Reply 85
Original post by Lulesque
I'm 26, so you're not alone! 😄

Yeey that's nice! Where did you apply to? :smile:
Reply 86
Hello girls,
I am applying for a transfer into the second year at ual.Now I am a student of Fashion Marketing and Retail Design.I sent my application through UCAS on the 14 of January.It was one day before the deadline.I applied for 5 courses-Fashion Marketing, Management,Visual Merchandising and Branding.
I have received just only one email from Visual Merchandising and branding.I have to create portfolio to support my application.
Do you think I will receive any notifications from another course?
I am still waiting.I don't want to lose my hope.

Still I have got one offer but now I don't know if my portfolio is successful or not
Reply 87
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of work did they ask you for? I received an email from Leeds asking for some work and would appreciate any insight as I'm unsure of what they are asking :smile:
Reply 88
[QUOTE=Maya-M;62233707]Yeey that's nice! Where did you apply to? :smile:

Westminster Business School - Metropolitan and University of East London!
Reply 89
Original post by Lulesque
Westminster Business School - Metropolitan and University of East London!

That's cool! I actually applied to Metropolitan and University of East London as well, for Fashion Marketing and Fashion Marketing & Business Management. Which one is your top choice? Are you from the UK?
Reply 90
[QUOTE=Maya-M;62296379]That's cool! I actually applied to Metropolitan and University of East London as well, for Fashion Marketing and Fashion Marketing & Business Management. Which one is your top choice? Are you from the UK?

Me too! Got a conditional offer. I'm italian and my top choice is LCF. Which one is your First choice?
Reply 91
If you have an offer for fashion marketing at LCF go to the link below to meet other offer holders!

Hope to see you guys there!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3856123
Reply 92
Where did you get the offer? Same here, I really want to go to LCF! Did the unis ask you for a portfolio? I don't have one and I'm freaking out!
Reply 93
Original post by Elena____
If you have an offer for fashion marketing at LCF go to the link below to meet other offer holders!

Hope to see you guys there!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3856123

I'm crossing my fingers! :smile: At LCF, did they ask you to send a portfolio?
Reply 94
[QUOTE=Maya-M;62304093]Where did you get the offer? Same here, I really want to go to LCF! Did the unis ask you for a portfolio? I don't have one and I'm freaking out!

From all of universities except LCF (for now)
Reply 95
Original post by Maya-M
I'm crossing my fingers! :smile: At LCF, did they ask you to send a portfolio?

Not for fashion marketing, you don't need one, it says in their website
Reply 96
Original post by Elena____
Not for fashion marketing, you don't need one, it says in their website

Thank you! I just got nervous because other unis asked me for it, and I don't have a portfolio.
I've applied to UCA Epsom and received a conditional offer since I dont have my grades yet. But up until now they havent contacted me for an interview. How did you find out you were invited for one?
Original post by maggs27
Hello girls,
I am applying for a transfer into the second year at ual.Now I am a student of Fashion Marketing and Retail Design.I sent my application through UCAS on the 14 of January.It was one day before the deadline.I applied for 5 courses-Fashion Marketing, Management,Visual Merchandising and Branding.
I have received just only one email from Visual Merchandising and branding.I have to create portfolio to support my application.
Do you think I will receive any notifications from another course?
I am still waiting.I don't want to lose my hope.

Still I have got one offer but now I don't know if my portfolio is successful or not

I went to the open day in October and they said not to apply for several courses. But if you got into one that's great! I'm guessing that's the one they see you fit best in so maybe that's the final offer from the university. Good luck!!
What are your thoughts on UCA Epsom? I've applied to UAL, UCA, Falmouth, Marangoni and Westminster (all fashion marketing or fashion bussiness related.) So far I've received offers from UCA and Marangoni. If I dont get into UAL, which is my first choice, I wouldnt know how to decide between UCA and Marangoni. Any advice? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending