Volunteering Abroad

Watch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I'm currently on my gap year and hoping to volunteer for 3 weeks-1 month in either conservation or animal welfare in the South East Asia region. However there is a massive massive range of companies and it is hard to know which company is the best and cheapest to go with.

Would really help, if people could give me some suggestions!

I have looked at Oyster Worldwide, Pod Volunteer and GVI
fasteddy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So many suggestions!! It really depends on where you would like to go or what animals you would like to help.

Oyster are my top recommendation out of the companies you mentioned above.

Other suggestions:

I volunteered at this wildlife sanctuary in Thailand (http://www.wfft.org) which was amazing.

Elephant Nature Park offers day visits and longer volunteer projects (http://www.elephantnaturepark.org)

One World 365 has lots of volunteer programs in Asia where you can search from international and local organisations

Elephant Freedom Project in Sri Lanka - highly recommended

Good luck!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ahh thank you so much!

Did you volunteer there recently?

Yeah I'm mainly looking into Elephant Care but also really interested in Marine Conservation and Sea Turtle Conservation.
ProudParent75
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there! check out Diversity abroad
yourJeremyL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ProudParent75)
Hi there! check out Diversity abroad
Hey @ProudParent75, isn't that the company that offers internship program abroad?
ProudParent75
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by yourJeremyL)
Hey @ProudParent75, isn't that the company that offers internship program abroad?
Yes @yourJeremyL, they also have study abroad programs if your interested you can visit their website diversityabroad.com
yourJeremyL
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Actually, I'm planning on studying abroad and leave my current course and pursue what I really want
Anyways, I guess if they offer volunteer programs then they must really care about the people that wants to have a good cause abroad
yourJeremyL
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just wanna bump into this thread and add to what ts is/was looking. I know this is a pretty old thread but for those who might be having the same concern here is a link: http://www.diversityabroad.com/partn...er-in-thailand
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.39%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.76%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.04%
I need help with my personal statement (56)
40.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25.18%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.16%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.19%

Watched Threads