The Student Room Group

Medicinal jobs/degrees

I am studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Literature at AS Level but I would like to do a medicinal degree (such as orthoptics) that doesn't require chemistry - does anyone have any advice on degrees I could do, as orthoptics is the only one I have found so far. Thanks :smile:
Medical Physics (three year degree then working within the hospital medical physics department)
Radiography (three year degree with clinical placements)
Healthcare analytics/ healthcare statistician (very transferable and you'll have the potential to be involved with a lot of research projects)
Healthcare communications (not patient facing but the A Level requirements would potentially be less than the others)
Original post by daisysaxelby
I am studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Literature at AS Level but I would like to do a medicinal degree (such as orthoptics) that doesn't require chemistry - does anyone have any advice on degrees I could do, as orthoptics is the only one I have found so far. Thanks :smile:

Hi Daisy,

I'm one of the Student Ambassadors for Orthoptics at The University of Liverpool.

I can see that you have posted about your interest in orthoptics, is there anything in particular you would like to know about the course?

If you wish to do some research, our pinterest page (@LivUniOrthoptic) may be useful as it is full of boards with content relevant to the modules covered during the course!

We also have a youtube video - A Day in the Life of a Student Orthoptist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpWoe6r9cp0
You may find helps give you an idea of what studying Orthoptics at Liverpool is like.

If you have any questions, we are more than happy to help!

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest