I work for the most sociopathic boss ever...hate company and disorganisation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I work for a small to medium sized business in the catering/customer service industry, which has a strong charitable ethos founded under a well known charitable trust. The trust is a household name within the north of England. However, it's just an awful company to work for, not just because it's minimum wage, because my boss is the most horrible, twisted and evil person ever.

She's completely unpredictable, she's a manipulative bully and very very deceitful but intelligent enough to pull the wool over the board of directors' eyes.

She manipulates people by pushing theI buttons, has a very cruel and sarcastic but Charming sense of humour that is designed to be construed in only one way to the victim, but another to onlookers.

She's sacked numerous people, pushed people out, given people 'authority' then seemingly denied it and fired them. She's all nicely presented to the directors every few months when they come for a review, and they think she's this great person. There was also rumour the boss had slept with the chairman (but that's grapevine) lets just say a reputable source saw them together out of hours.

She pushed out my old manager and drove him to breakdown.

It petrifies me to no end, because me and my boss have a bad relationship, because I've been quite frank with her about how I feel, I've gotten into bother for something serious and he let me off with warning,

What can I do in terms of references? I have no line manager to go to, my only seniority is her?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30.28%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.17%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
54.13%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise