The Student Room Group

How to be more organised?

I'm really disorganised and I often forget to do things and lose stuff or I end up not having any proper notes for things because they're all in a mixed up messy heap of bad handwriting xD
Any advice on how to become more organised?
Folders?
Original post by Pronged Lily
I'm really disorganised and I often forget to do things and lose stuff or I end up not having any proper notes for things because they're all in a mixed up messy heap of bad handwriting xD
Any advice on how to become more organised?

I'm very forget full so I make sure I write things down.
Original post by OU Student
Folders?

But how do you keep folders tidy/organise the folders? Mine seem to all either just grow until there's too much stuff and they explode or I put in one or two sheets and after that don't get used :|

Original post by jelly1000
I'm very forget full so I make sure I write things down.

What do you write things down on?
But how do you keep folders tidy/organise the folders? Mine seem to all either just grow until there's too much stuff and they explode or I put in one or two sheets and after that don't get used :|

either a piece of paper which sits on my desk at home where I can't miss it or in the memo section on my phone. As far as folders go use file dividers and when the folder is full, get a new one.

As Jelly said, either dividers or a folder per subject.
Reply 6
Get one of those concertina folders with many compartments all attached at the base. Looks like a huge 'V' with sections inside for different subjects. May have to buy one from an office stationery dept.

Make lists of things to do on one clipboard, cross out each thing as you do it. At the end of the day, go through the list and prioritise the list and write a new one with the most important/first one at the top.

Set a number of alarms on your phone. One for each imprtant thing you need to do.

Examine how much you want to do what you are doing. There might be some reason why the disorganising behaviour is manifesting.
Your folders could be listed as the days of the week, too. Every day that you put something off goes into the next folder. If by Friday, that folder is stuffed, then it shows you how behind you are. Also like the idea of setting up reminders on your phone, or you can do that when working on a tablet or computer. But, making sure that you look at the folders and priority lists daily will help you a lot. I used to be very unorganized and have become much better. :smile:
Hmm

Original post by OU Student
As Jelly said, either dividers or a folder per subject.

Original post by jelly1000
either a piece of paper which sits on my desk at home where I can't miss it or in the memo section on my phone. As far as folders go use file dividers and when the folder is full, get a new one.

Original post by ocpaul20
Get one of those concertina folders with many compartments all attached at the base. Looks like a huge 'V' with sections inside for different subjects. May have to buy one from an office stationery dept.

Make lists of things to do on one clipboard, cross out each thing as you do it. At the end of the day, go through the list and prioritise the list and write a new one with the most important/first one at the top.

Set a number of alarms on your phone. One for each imprtant thing you need to do.

Examine how much you want to do what you are doing. There might be some reason why the disorganising behaviour is manifesting.

Original post by *Deidre*
Your folders could be listed as the days of the week, too. Every day that you put something off goes into the next folder. If by Friday, that folder is stuffed, then it shows you how behind you are. Also like the idea of setting up reminders on your phone, or you can do that when working on a tablet or computer. But, making sure that you look at the folders and priority lists daily will help you a lot. I used to be very unorganized and have become much better. :smile:

Hmm, ok I will try these, thanks for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending