Jory
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I need a new exmaple to kick off my personal statmentGreat historical eventssuch as the invasion of Greece in 480 BC led to the rise of democracyin Athens which are still relevant today. has anyone got a historical event thats still relevent today that i can use in my personal statement
username2110825
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jory)
I need a new exmaple to kick off my personal statmentGreat historical eventssuch as the invasion of Greece in 480 BC led to the rise of democracyin Athens which are still relevant today. has anyone got a historical event thats still relevent today that i can use in my personal statement
There are loads of historical events that are still revelant! Here's a few:

- Conquest of England 1066. This actively shaped the world's most spoken language as well as cementing ties.

- Henry VIII's Reformation of the Church of England. This led to a split in the Christian church which remains even today and has led to further denominations.

- The Industrial Revolution. Just google this, there's absolute masses that can be said about it.

- Nazi Germany, The Six-Day War and the Creation of the State of Israel.
These are all super relevant with the conflict in the Middle East

Here's just a few, there are loads to explore.
Jory
Rep:
?
(Original post by SkyRees)
There are loads of historical events that are still revelant! Here's a few:

- Conquest of England 1066. This actively shaped the world's most spoken language as well as cementing ties.

- Henry VIII's Reformation of the Church of England. This led to a split in the Christian church which remains even today and has led to further denominations.

- The Industrial Revolution. Just google this, there's absolute masses that can be said about it.

- Nazi Germany, The Six-Day War and the Creation of the State of Israel.
These are all super relevant with the conflict in the Middle East

Here's just a few, there are loads to explore.
Okay thank you! I also want an example of a 'seemingly insignificant character that influenced how far todays society has evolved' so far I have alan turning 'the enigma' but d like a different example because I don't want the unis to think im plagerising stuff
username2110825
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jory)
Okay thank you! I also want an example of a 'seemingly insignificant character that influenced how far todays society has evolved' so far I have alan turning 'the enigma' but d like a different example because I don't want the unis to think im plagerising stuff
Thurgood Marshall is an amazingly influential example, I think.

"Mr. Marshall became the first African-American to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court. He not only worked his way to the pinnacle of the U.S. legal system but did so during the tumultuous times of the civil rights movement. When the U.S. was still struggling to understand what equality meant between whites and blacks, it took some history-setting steps by individuals to pave the way. Mr. Marshall did just that and continued to serve on the court for the next 24 years, taking part in memorable cases that today define U.S. civil rights and criminal procedure."
Source: http://uk.askmen.com/top_10/entertai...-hereos_7.html
Jory
Rep:
?
(Original post by SkyRees)
Thurgood Marshall is an amazingly influential example, I think.

"Mr. Marshall became the first African-American to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court. He not only worked his way to the pinnacle of the U.S. legal system but did so during the tumultuous times of the civil rights movement. When the U.S. was still struggling to understand what equality meant between whites and blacks, it took some history-setting steps by individuals to pave the way. Mr. Marshall did just that and continued to serve on the court for the next 24 years, taking part in memorable cases that today define U.S. civil rights and criminal procedure."
Source: http://uk.askmen.com/top_10/entertai...-hereos_7.html
I sent my ucas off yesterday and got an offer from Huddersfield this morning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.59%
No (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads