What do I do? 😕 Watch

TheRealBigMack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So basically my ex has messed me around a lot because I was her first boyfriend and she didn't know how to go about getting through a break up. We were together for just over a year. Without going into it, she made mistakes but nothing unforgivable.

I started trying to date other girls, but I'm still madly in love with my ex (we broke up 3 months ago). My ex wants me back, and tbh I want her back.

BUT

I did start talking to one girl, and she's really into me and wants a relationship and I really like her too, but I honestly love my ex so much. On Saturday this girl has asked to go on a date with me, but my ex wants to meet up, and talk things through and probably end up getting back together.

But what do I do? Is it really a bad decision to get back with my ex? The "they're your ex for a reason" quote has been used by my closest friends but I wanna know, should I push myself into new opportunities or go back into a relationship with a girl I love?
esraakdag
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Id say not to get with any of the girls until you are 100% sure, take your time to make up your mind and don't rush anything.

If you have strong feelings for your ex and she feels the same way and you can sort out your problems, I don't see why you shouldn't give things another go.
As for the other girl, it seems like even if you end up with her your mind will be on your ex so theres no need to put her or yourself through that.

I personally think you should go to see your ex and see how it goes, but you should be completely honest with the both of them whatever your final decision may be.
Good luck

(Original post by TheRealBigMack)
So basically my ex has messed me around a lot because I was her first boyfriend and she didn't know how to go about getting through a break up. We were together for just over a year. Without going into it, she made mistakes but nothing unforgivable.

I started trying to date other girls, but I'm still madly in love with my ex (we broke up 3 months ago). My ex wants me back, and tbh I want her back.

BUT

I did start talking to one girl, and she's really into me and wants a relationship and I really like her too, but I honestly love my ex so much. On Saturday this girl has asked to go on a date with me, but my ex wants to meet up, and talk things through and probably end up getting back together.

But what do I do? Is it really a bad decision to get back with my ex? The "they're your ex for a reason" quote has been used by my closest friends but I wanna know, should I push myself into new opportunities or go back into a relationship with a girl I love?
georgiaswift
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
She's messed you about once, she'll mess you about again. Find someone better. I agree with your friends, she's an ex for a reason. Go for new opportunities but pursuing a relationship might not be the greatest idea if you're not over your ex - it isn't fair to the other person
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
See above post.

Maybe your ex is just going through the phase where they miss you and it'll soon wear off. Maybe it won't.

But the other woman is in a tough situation and whatever you do won't really be fair to her.

The best thing to do would be to seriously think about things and whether you could see yourself with the new person and her alone, and if you did that you should probably block your ex.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
When I come for you
TheRealBigMack
Rep:
?
(Original post by esraakdag)
Id say not to get with any of the girls until you are 100% sure, take your time to make up your mind and don't rush anything.

If you have strong feelings for your ex and she feels the same way and you can sort out your problems, I don't see why you shouldn't give things another go.
As for the other girl, it seems like even if you end up with her your mind will be on your ex so theres no need to put her or yourself through that.

I personally think you should go to see your ex and see how it goes, but you should be completely honest with the both of them whatever your final decision may be.
Good luck
Thankyou so much!
TheRealBigMack
Rep:
?
(Original post by SeanFM)
See above post.

Maybe your ex is just going through the phase where they miss you and it'll soon wear off. Maybe it won't.

But the other woman is in a tough situation and whatever you do won't really be fair to her.

The best thing to do would be to seriously think about things and whether you could see yourself with the new person and her alone, and if you did that you should probably block your ex.
I think I might block my ex after this week depending on how things go. Thankyou for the support, it's really appreciated!
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheRealBigMack)
I think I might block my ex after this week depending on how things go. Thankyou for the support, it's really appreciated!
Yeah don't go back to your ex, she mucked you around. Maybe go on a date with this new girl and see how it goes, not like you have to rush.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads