Nursesforever2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've been asked to join the girls netball team at college, and I really want to join.

The thing is, will this distract me from my studies? I am 14 and in college so that has a lot of stress alone. I am achieving higher grades than I assumed and want to keep it that way. But the girls netball team practises are in my free periods, and I know it will help me to relieve stress. (releasing endorphins, yay!)

I don't know, is this too much of a distraction?
preetg97
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you don't really work in your frees then why not?
Nursesforever2
Rep:
?
(Original post by preetg97)
If you don't really work in your frees then why not?
I normally tend to do my work at home, so I suppose so. Thanksx
kantdothis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's no risk here, get out in the fresh air and have fun playing sports. You're only 14, enjoy being young before the real hard work starts!
Nursesforever2
Rep:
?
(Original post by kantdothis)
There's no risk here, get out in the fresh air and have fun playing sports. You're only 14, enjoy being young before the real hard work starts!

I think I might. Just don't want to fall behind as everyone else is 16-18, haha! Thanks for you advice
sadly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
omg at 14? yes and it will help you when you talk about extra curricular activities also you stated most of the reasons the free time and stress reliever the less stress you have on you the more better you will perform at home xx also you're very young so definitely do lots whilst you can!
Sparster
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely do sport. Sport is one of the greatest things on earth! No way should anyone play absolutely no sport on the basis that they need to fill all their free time with work. Defo join no doubt. It is good for you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.58%
I'm not sure (32)
4.39%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.55%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (351)
48.15%

Watched Threads