The Student Room Group

How to deal with a nympho flatmate?

As the title says, how do you deal with a nymphomaniac flatmate, and no, join in isnt going to happen (unfortunetly) :tongue:

Im a guy, my flatmate is a girl..back in September id say, she got with a new girl, and basically they see each other almost daily, and probably 9 our of 10 times they do see each other, more like 10 out of 10 when shes here, they have loud noisy sex for several hours.
They did break up briefly for a couple of weeks last week which were heaven, but now are back together, and this very moment, at before 8pm in the evening, are currently having loud sex on the living room sofa! It wasnt AS bad when it was in the bedroom (although until 5-6am nightly got/gets pretty horrific for someone like me on earlies!) but now they don't even bother using the bedroom, they prefer on the sofa in the living room and expect ME to stay in my bedroom out of the way!! Apparently its so I won't hear them as much..
On top of that, the girlfriend is practically living here rent free and eating my food.

First of all, how the hell can two people be so horny to be all over each other every waking moment they get?! Its depressing as no girl even takes enough interest in me for a kiss. I literally know noone else who has it as much as this.
But then secondly, surely im not being unreasonable in being annoyed that im basically a prisoner in my own bedroom, in a flat I pay half the rent for, while one basically lives here without paying her way (unless in sex counts) and while the two of them get their rocks off on the shared sofa which I have to walk past even to get to the kitchen..Ive even said they have a bedroom, with a door on, so why can't they use it, rather than complain if I want/need to go into the living room?! Apparently it would be even louder there, so they can't win..

Im not sure if to be more annoyed, or depressed about it all, but like what can I do? I ask them to be considerate, or quieter, or basically not on the sofa in the early evening when I want to walk through, but they don't listen to me.
My flatmate too would rather bunk off college to get a bit of action too, so I can see her being kicked out soon as her attendence is at 60%...

Oh and I seem to have noticed sort of a pattern to them too..as soon as im home and in the next room, or could possibly catch them at it, seems to set them off, almost like its a turn on they want to be caught or at least heard or something?!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
go stand there and watch them. Then if that doesn't work, film them. Watching them will probably make them move to the bedroom at least.

Advertise and start charging for visitors to come round and watch too or listen. Charge sexless couples for excitement value. There must be loads of saddos who will pay you to come round while they are humping on the sofa. Bring your mates round to have a beer. Maybe start a blog and make it your project.

They only do it because you are bothered by it, and they probably think you are prudish or 'shy'. Learn more, watch closely, become an expert. Show them you are not afraid to be there and take pics if necessary, so fight back. Get creative.

Maybe...
just use the communal space normally, don't watch them or anything, just walk in and do whatever it is you want to do in there and if they question it tell you pay rent and are entitled to use your own living room, they have a bedroom if they want to be alone

if she is stealing your food and raising your bills that needs to be a separate conversation with your flatmate to lay down some groundrules

Quick Reply

Latest