The Student Room Group

high entry requirements than my grade?!

I'm being predicted ABC and I know I can get better grades (barley revised and for Law I had a lazy teacher who didn't teach us the entire year). Is it realistic for me to apply to Liverpool to do International Politics and Policy? However they have a entry requirement of ABB?
Original post by es_103
I'm being predicted ABC and I know I can get better grades (barley revised and for Law I had a lazy teacher who didn't teach us the entire year). Is it realistic for me to apply to Liverpool to do International Politics and Policy? However they have a entry requirement of ABB?

If you can get predicted grades of ABB you should be fine depending on your PS. I got ABC at AS and am predicted AAB for A2. Got offers from 3 universities asking for ABB :smile:

Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by es_103

If it's just one choice then try it, but don't set your heart on it. You might be lucky if you have a great reference and personal statement, but they could have lots of other applicants who have got the correct grades.

And do remember that if you get an offer then it will be conditional on achieving the grades.
Reply 3
Original post by es_103

Definitely worth to try mate, usually they will give u an conditional offer if your personal statement and reference are not bad as long as your grades are not too far away from their basic requirements.
Good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by emiloujess
If you can get predicted grades of ABB you should be fine depending on your PS. I got ABC at AS and am predicted AAB for A2. Got offers from 3 universities asking for ABB :smile:

Good Luck! :smile:

My teachers honestly don't care so I doubt they will :frown: but well done you!! You did really well:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
If it's just one choice then try it, but don't set your heart on it. You might be lucky if you have a great reference and personal statement, but they could have lots of other applicants who have got the correct grades.

And do remember that if you get an offer then it will be conditional on achieving the grades.

Yeah you're right! Really trying not to et my hopes up too high😫 I applied to 2 lol! Talk about gambling with my life
Reply 6
Original post by vin9cent
Definitely worth to try mate, usually they will give u an conditional offer if your personal statement and reference are not bad as long as your grades are not too far away from their basic requirements.
Good luck.

Yeah I think my personal statement was good (not trying to boast lol). I called Liverpool and Loughborough and they said they will consider applicants with ABC so fingers crossed. Thanks :smile:
Original post by es_103
My teachers honestly don't care so I doubt they will :frown: but well done you!! You did really well:smile:

Well there's no harm in asking :smile:

Thanks! :smile: I was shocked because I had to repeat year 12 as well (got EEUU the first time). I've also applied for Politics-related courses :smile:

Best of Luck!
Reply 8
Original post by es_103
Yeah I think my personal statement was good (not trying to boast lol). I called Liverpool and Loughborough and they said they will consider applicants with ABC so fingers crossed. Thanks :smile:

They said they will consider but they usually give u an AAB-ABB as a conditional offer so u better work much harder in A2. I just sent off my ucas and I am waiting for manchester, birmingham, surrey, newcastle and edinburgh, never feel so nervous be4. GL to u mate hope u can make it
Reply 9
Original post by vin9cent
They said they will consider but they usually give u an AAB-ABB as a conditional offer so u better work much harder in A2. I just sent off my ucas and I am waiting for manchester, birmingham, surrey, newcastle and edinburgh, never feel so nervous be4. GL to u mate hope u can make it

lol well sh*t. Good luck to you too! I am sure you will get in :biggrin: any of those universities are insanley good haha!
Reply 10
Original post by emiloujess
Well there's no harm in asking :smile:

Thanks! :smile: I was shocked because I had to repeat year 12 as well (got EEUU the first time). I've also applied for Politics-related courses :smile:

Best of Luck!

omg same!! I got DDUU first time lmao! Best of luck to you aswell! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending