20 and can't talk to girls Watch

moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am not really bothered if this comes across as silly or whatever, because it is true and is something that I really need to improve.

Basically, I have always had trouble talking to girls and throughout my childhood I was always in boys only schools apart from sixth form (which was awkward at first, but then become okayish) and now I am at uni it is really important.

I am part of a friendship group which involve mainly boys and a couple of girls. I tend to just talk to the guys although I have spoken to the girls at times too. I always feel like the girls find me really really awkward and therefore they don't warm to me, if that makes sense? I wouldn't say that I don't like the girls, because they both seem alright although one of them has already created a lot of drama in our group :lol: the biggest problem is that the guys in the group are constantly talking about girls etc and a couple of them have girlfriends too and here I am, struggling to even hold a conversation with a girl. I would say that in a room where there aren't that many people, I am probably alright, but otherwise I just can't do it.

I have pretty low confidence and am not comfortable with the way I look and obviously that is a big problem. I know everyone always talks about girls preferring guys for their personality over their looks, but looks are obviously still important.

The other big problem is that my course is like 90% girls, which makes it really awkward too Luckily, I have met a good guy on my course which has helped enormously.

Any advice is appreciated
markovchain17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I didn't mean 2 post I was just reading but I have the same problem so I don't know any useful advice sorry
Posted from TSR Mobile
GUMI
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
tl;dr, but my advise is if you want to talk to someone, just go for it (whether its a guy or a girl). I always think, if I don't talk to them now, I may never have another chance to, and also think like whats the worst that can happen y'know?
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That is what TSR for. Courtship and hot soapy banging.
Dabo_26
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would say to avoid trying to get off with girls (or at least come across in that way) and try and make friends with some. Be friends and talk to them. After a while you will understand how to talk to them and will not be so awkward around other girls.
moment of truth
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Dabo_26)
I would say to avoid trying to get off with girls (or at least come across in that way) and try and make friends with some. Be friends and talk to them. After a while you will understand how to talk to them and will not be so awkward around other girls.
Yeah, I'm not trying to find a girlfriend yet :lol: but I want to be able to just talk to them without feeling so awkward and anxious.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by moment of truth)
I am not really bothered if this comes across as silly or whatever, because it is true and is something that I really need to improve.

Basically, I have always had trouble talking to girls and throughout my childhood I was always in boys only schools apart from sixth form (which was awkward at first, but then become okayish) and now I am at uni it is really important.

I am part of a friendship group which involve mainly boys and a couple of girls. I tend to just talk to the guys although I have spoken to the girls at times too. I always feel like the girls find me really really awkward and therefore they don't warm to me, if that makes sense? I wouldn't say that I don't like the girls, because they both seem alright although one of them has already created a lot of drama in our group :lol: the biggest problem is that the guys in the group are constantly talking about girls etc and a couple of them have girlfriends too and here I am, struggling to even hold a conversation with a girl. I would say that in a room where there aren't that many people, I am probably alright, but otherwise I just can't do it.

I have pretty low confidence and am not comfortable with the way I look and obviously that is a big problem. I know everyone always talks about girls preferring guys for their personality over their looks, but looks are obviously still important.

The other big problem is that my course is like 90% girls, which makes it really awkward too Luckily, I have met a good guy on my course which has helped enormously.

Any advice is appreciated

Close your eyes and pretend they're guys. Its really not that difficult.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads