English Literature 7711 7712 - 2015 Spec question? Watch

cfitz1998
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there,

I'm a home schooled A-Level student studying English Lit as part of my AS-levels.

My question is: Am I right when I look at the new specification for 'English Literature A 7711 7712' on AQA's website in believing that 'Love Through the Ages' is the theme explored at both AS and A2?

Thanks very much.
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cfitz1998)
Hi there,

I'm a home schooled A-Level student studying English Lit as part of my AS-levels.

My question is: Am I right when I look at the new specification for 'English Literature A 7711 7712' on AQA's website in believing that 'Love Through the Ages' is the theme explored at both AS and A2?

Thanks very much.
No you are not.

Yes and no. The Love Through the Ages is Paper 1 to be taken in both year 1 and/or year 2 of study.

It is not a continuous paper. You can study all of the necessary texts and then move on. Then come back to the texts you studied during revision time.

Most schools that teach the 2 year study study papers 1 and 2 over the 1st year(Year 12) then when it comes to the start of next year, the component 03 would be split during the Sept-Dec (maybe until Jan 2017) 2016 time. Then when it's Jan 2017, they would start revising for papers 1 and 2. Which is why you could consider Love Through the Ages could be studied over the two years.

It depends on your preference. Some might study only Section A and C then study Section B in Jan 2017 as it's poetry and etc. It just all depends on how you want to structure it.
cfitz1998
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
No you are not.

Yes and no. The Love Through the Ages is Paper 1 to be taken in both year 1 and/or year 2 of study.

It is not a continuous paper. You can study all of the necessary texts and then move on. Then come back to the texts you studied during revision time.

Most schools that teach the 2 year study study papers 1 and 2 over the 1st year(Year 12) then when it comes to the start of next year, the component 03 would be split during the Sept-Dec (maybe until Jan 2017) 2016 time. Then when it's Jan 2017, they would start revising for papers 1 and 2. Which is why you could consider Love Through the Ages could be studied over the two years.

It depends on your preference. Some might study only Section A and C then study Section B in Jan 2017 as it's poetry and etc. It just all depends on how you want to structure it.
Thanks very much for a thorough and detailed response! Really helped.

One more question, however. I'm currently studying TGG, Wuthering Heights and Othello for the AS exams in the summer. I'm just wondering if this is correct? Studying these texts will prepare me for the AS exams?

Thanks again if you reply to this
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cfitz1998)
Thanks very much for a thorough and detailed response! Really helped.

One more question, however. I'm currently studying TGG, Wuthering Heights and Othello for the AS exams in the summer. I'm just wondering if this is correct? Studying these texts will prepare me for the AS exams?

Thanks again if you reply to this
No worries.

No worries.

Yes that is all correct. But you are missing the AQA poetry anthology.

Shakespeare and the poetry anthology are for Paper 1 and then the two prose are for Paper 2. So make sure you study those in accordance to what is being assessed (Assessment Objectives).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads