What to do about my boyfriend's brother?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years, in a long distance relationship... We live 100 miles apart so it's not too bad. He is 20 and I am 18, I stay at his every couple of weeks, sometimes during the week or sometimes at weekends.
He's got a 23 year old brother who works every day and when he isn't at work, he's on his Xbox which happens to be in my boyfriends room. My boyfriend works nights so every weeknight when I'm here, I'm left alone with his brother. I am usually in bed by 9 and asleep by 9:30-9:45. His brother gets in from work at 10, comes into my boyfriends room and plays on his Xbox till about 1am, he then goes into his room until my boyfriend has finished work at about 2-3, then he comes back into my boyfriends room and carries on playing!! He usually wakes me up about twice a night by doing this. I've spoke to my boyfriend but he doesn't seem bothered as he is used to it! I forgot to say that his brother doesn't start work till the afternoon so all morning, even if my and my boyfriend are still asleep, he will come in and play on his Xbox leaving me and my boyfriend no privacy!!! I can't remember the last time we were alone in his room together!!!!
I don't really know what to say to my boyfriend or his brother so I would like some advice please! Sorry it's so long.
Thanks guys
domonict
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
move the X box
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
Move TV + xbox into his brother's room or living room? rofl
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe explain to him again, but this time say that it keeps waking you up and that you get no privacy. If your boyfriend really doesn't care...

And maybe offer some solutions, like move the Xbox to a different room (if possible) or just tell his brother to stay out during certain hours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (42)
18.58%
No one else does (73)
32.3%
I'm embarrassed about my background (23)
10.18%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (76)
33.63%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.33%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.21%

Watched Threads