The Student Room Group

Muslims are not responsible for the terror attacks.

It's quite easy to paint everyone with the same brush. But we have to realise and understand that we should not.

It isn't Islam that create terrorists, it's humans. Since the beginning of humankind we have been at war with each other. There will always be people who are radical and violent irrespective of their religious beliefs.

Let's look back at events in the passed 100 years or so. The holocaust - Should we call all Germans terrorists because of one mans government i.e Hitler?

Should we call all Chinese people terrorists for the actions Mao?

Should we call all Russians terrorists for the millions of innocent people killed under Stalins reign?

Should we call all French people terrorists for the illegal occupation of Algeria during which they slaughtered 1.5 million people, and raped thousands of women?

Should we call all British (including myself) and American people terrorists for the deaths of millions of Iraqi civilians during the search for supposed nukes in Iraq that they never even had ?

Should we call all Iraqis terrorists for the actions of Saddam Hussein ?

Should we call all Buddhists terrorists for the murder of thousands of innocent people in Asia ?

Let's just rid ourselves of ignorance for a moment. 1.6 billion of the worlds population is Muslim, that's just under 25% of the total world population. Does this mean 25% of humans are terrorists? It's just sickening to see uneducated and ignorant remarks full of hate against Muslims during this time of terror attacks, or at any time for that matter

Muslims are the biggest victims of the 'Islamic States' terror attacks, not only statistically (number of lives taken by IS), but emotionally too. Why do you think there are thousands of Muslim Syrians seeking refuge? Moreover, You can't imagine how innocent Muslims in the west must feel being stereotyped based on the actions of terrorists who claim they are Muslim, even though all of Islamic States terrorist actions contradict all Islamic teaching. Just because they run around shouting "Allahu Akbar" doesn't make them Muslim. Just because they call themselves 'Islamic state' doesn't make them Muslim. To be a Muslim you must agree with the teachings of Islam.

'Islamic State' wants to separate us and instill fear unto us, and we're only making them achieve their goal if we continue to associate Muslims with the actions of 'Islamic State'.

[video="youtube;ag-2WsiaiI4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag-2WsiaiI4[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You're a little late to the party with this to be honest OP. It's been said. A lot of times.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
You're a little late to the party with this to be honest OP. It's been said. A lot of times.

Is there a time frame of acceptability for one to express their concerns and feelings towards a sensitive topic ?

Original post by william walker
Yes they are responsible. I mean why wouldn't they be?

Not sure if sarcasm or not.

Smh read op to find the answer to your question, you ignoramus.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
I don't think you understand what a terrorist is.

So my suspicions are confirmed, you are an idiot.

Ermm how I'm I, being a Muslim, responsible for the extremists actions? I'm as responsible as u r. And I, or any other Muslim should not be made to feel guilty or responsible for the actions of them extremists. Why should the majority of Muslims be made to distinguish themselves from less then 0.1% of Muslims. Doing this implies that we are partly complicit and accountable for the actions of them disgusting extremists. I'm just a normal student and have as much to do with their attacks as u do.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chicken Bacon
It isn't Islam and Muslims that create terrorists, it's humans.

Disagree (with modified statement). Don't conflate legitimate criticism of Islam as promoting terrorism with blanket condemnation of those who claim to follow it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AliRizzo
So my suspicions are confirmed, you are an idiot.

When one wants to be so.
When one wants to be so.

In your case, always.
In your case, always.

I am party time idiot.
Original post by Chicken Bacon
Is there a time frame of acceptability for one to express their concerns and feelings towards a sensitive topic ?

I'm not saying it's unacceptable. I'm just saying you shouldn't expect much by way of original discussion.
Original post by Ribbit1234
Ermm how I'm I, being a Muslim, responsible for the extremists actions? I'm as responsible as u r. And I, or any other Muslim should not be made to feel guilty or responsible for the actions of them extremists. Why should the majority of Muslims be made to distinguish themselves from less then 0.1% of Muslims. Doing this implies that we are partly complicit and accountable for the actions of them disgusting extremists. I'm just a normal student and have as much to do with their attacks as u do.

I see. But if there were no Muslims in Europe. There would be no Muslim terrorists in Europe. So......
I am party time idiot.

Part*
Part*

No party time idiot. Can't you spell?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'm not saying it's unacceptable. I'm just saying you shouldn't expect much by way of original discussion.

As long as ignorance prevails and the Muslim community is blamed or told to account for their actions, this discussion will always be relevant.
Original post by Hydeman
Disagree (with modified statement). Don't conflate legitimate criticism of Islam as promoting terrorism with blanket condemnation of those who claim to follow it.

I agree, that was my mistake in writing. I am aware though that in Islam, one is not considered Muslim if they perform barbaric acts, like those by IS. So by definition, according to Islam, IS are not Muslims. This is why Muslims who comply with Quranic Islam condemn the acts of IS and do not consider IS as Muslim or Islamic at all.

Obama describes IS pretty well in one of his speeches, by referring to them as "those who have perverted Islam"
Reply 17
Original post by Ribbit1234

I blame you personally for the attacks, no one but you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The terrorists were Muslims, they read the Quran, were raised in Islamic households, attended Mosque, used verses of the Quran to justify their violence, they imposed sharia (aka Islamic) law on their Islamic state which imposes majority of the teachings in the Quran- women cover up, no LGBT, no Idolizing, no alcohol, no drugs...on and on

They are Muslim and you need to accept it, stop being an apologist for terrorists

It does not mean all Muslims are responsible but Islam has a large part to play
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Gears265
The terrorists were Muslims, they read the Quran, were raised in Islamic households, attended Mosque, used verses of the Quran to justify their violence, they imposed sharia (aka Islamic) law on their Islamic state which imposes majority of the teachings in the Quran- women cover up, no LGBT, no Idolizing, no alcohol, no drugs...on and on

They are Muslim and you need to accept it, stop being an apologist for terrorists

It does not mean all Muslims are responsible but Islam has a large part to play

Tbh someone could excuse their violence by relating it to a harry potter book..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending