CaitlinLeicester
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What are the best resources for WJEC AS Geography please?
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CaitlinLeicester)
What are the best resources for WJEC AS Geography please?
Hey, I'm just moving this to the geography section for you as you'll have a better chance of getting help there

Posted from TSR Mobile
DBR247
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The revision guides for G1 and G2, a very useful resource and helped me to achieve an A at AS.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WJEC-Geograp...c+as+geography
Asiyalulu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing AS WJEC geography and understand how it's hard to find resources with this exam board. What I usually do is write up case studies for each topic (I'll probably upload them onto here when I eventually type them up). I also got given the two textbooks/revision guides that DBR247 has mentioned above - those are good (and so slim it actually makes me happy to know textbooks exist in that size :')). I'd suggest looking at the mark schemes for the topic exams because you can see how they generally want you to answer and the answers are almost always set/are the same for each topic (e.g. push/pull factors for settlements, different models etc.) so you kind of learn from the mark scheme too. I hope this was helpful and feel free to message any time because I'm in the same boat as you and it'd be helpful to discuss what resources work for us etc.
DBR247
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would agree with you Asiyalulu. The main things are to explicitly learn each case study- the revision guides I mentioned are good for this and to also practise drawing diagrams particularly for G1 which will allow you to gain higher marks. Complete past paper questions and also read the examiners reports from the exams that I sat to find out what the examiners require of you and what students did not do so well at. The knowledge is paramoint, failure to learn the theory and case studies will cause you to falter regardless of how many past paper questions you may attempt.

Best of Luck,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (37)
17.45%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
29.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (82)
38.68%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.36%

Watched Threads