Turn on thread page Beta

best place to study psychology watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what are the best universities to study psycholoy at? Like the ones with good pass rates/high teaching marks ect. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it at St Andrews in September and their department got a 5* ranking (the top one) for both teaching and research in the Times guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Opalfire)
    what are the best universities to study psycholoy at? Like the ones with good pass rates/high teaching marks ect. Thanks
    One way of looking at it is:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html

although you have to be a little bit careful going purely on league tables as they do change every year.

Any of the 'respected' universities will have a good course- but it is just worth checking that it will make you eligible for graduate membership to the BPS (British Psychological Society) otherwise you will have to do the equivilent of a conversion course if you want to go into psychology as a career.

Also look at the different strengths of each university and their lecurers...if you have a particular interest then just check that it is something they usually offer.

Most of all though, you must go and look around and make sure that you pick a place you like...and can see yourself living for 3-4 years.....

I am due to be starting psychology at Birmingham in September!!

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    wow thanks for that website! looks pretty useful I missed the birmingham open day this year >.< i think theres another in september tho so ill probably check that one out. Thanks for the help! Hmm i see cambridge is at the top but when i went on the ucas website, i couldn't even find a psychology course at cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    I am due to be starting psychology at Birmingham in September!!

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Ruthie xx
    So's my best friend! Do you know how big each year is at Birmingham for psych?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
    So's my best friend! Do you know how big each year is at Birmingham for psych?
    there are 450 total on the undergraduate course....so 450 divided by 3 is.....:eek: my brain has stopped working!! .....:rolleyes: .....:rolleyes: ......:rolleyes: ..... about 150 in each year.....

Ooh...i will probably meet her!! Tell her to watch out for the auburn haired one walking round looking lost- that will be me!!

ReputationRep:
    omg theres that many? I suppose thats good tho cause it gives people more of a chance to get in then

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.