The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was just wondering if any people who consider themselves visually unattractive to share what life is like, and do you see any differences between your life and those who are considered visually attractive?

It's pretty crappy I have to go all the way to Amsterdam whenever I want to have sex
You tell me.
Reply 3
What is it like to be unattractive?

I give up. What is it like?
looking in the mirror and breaking down in tears because you are so disgusted by what you see

falling for people time and time again and talking yourself out of it because you know that every human ever is so out of your league

being genuinely embarrassed to go to sixth form without make-up on and feeling guilty for subjecting people to your natural face

crying yourself to sleep because you're so convinced you're going to die alone

taking a million selfies and hating every single one of them because they have your face in them

finding a ridiculous number of flaws in your face and body - spending hours working out and only seeing how much work is left to be done, ignoring your progress

realizing that the only days you feel the tiniest bit confident are the days that you didn't encounter any mirrors

being attracted to someone and wanting to hide whenever they look at you because it is so painfully obvious how much more attractive than you they are

this is what it is like to find yourself unattractive, trust me it sucks
looking in the mirror and breaking down in tears because you are so disgusted by what you see

falling for people time and time again and talking yourself out of it because you know that every human ever is so out of your league

being genuinely embarrassed to go to sixth form without make-up on and feeling guilty for subjecting people to your natural face

taking a million selfies and hating every single one of them because they have your face in them

finding a ridiculous number of flaws in your face and body - spending hours working out and only seeing how much work is left to be done, ignoring your progress

realizing that the only days you feel the tiniest bit confident are the days that you didn't encounter any mirrors

being attracted to someone and wanting to hide whenever they look at you because it is so painfully obvious how much more attractive than you they are

If you genuinely feel this way then I think it would be appropriate for you to seek help. It is not normal to feel this way about yourself
Reply 6
I used to be a quite unattractive child and it was pretty horrible. Everyone called me names and I felt so so jealous and ugly when I saw a pretty girl or when boys would talk about pretty girls in my classes. I was depressed.

But I was very young, and fortunately I grew into my looks so I'm good now! Thankfully. But I can only assume how horrible it would be to feel ugly at my age (18).

On a side note, I know a lot of people who I thought were visually unattractive when I first met them, but as our relationship got stronger, they changed in my eyes and they became attractive. Like I put on rose-tinted glasses. Same with some very beautiful people who turned out to be rude and horrible human beings, so they became ugly in my eyes.
It's pretty crappy I have to go all the way to Amsterdam whenever I want to have sex

I am in tears !!!
It is fantastic for me, I am pratically invisible now. And I like it that way. No one will ever question my abilities or accuse me of sleeping my way up because I am not beautiful.

Yeah..Of course I will get the odd snear here and there but that is to be expected. Some humans are ****, and they can go drown in a sewer where they belong. I am not going to stop living because I don't fit into society's ideal of beauty. In the words of Tarrie B "**** being beautiful this is not sex and city".

I do not give a damn anymore.
Basically these are the main negative aspects

- it is more difficult to make friends and when you do those friends are not as loyal to you or as enthusiastic to be friends with you
- everything you do is always seen differently ie if you get drunk is because you are trying to look cool rather than because you are
- people always act as if they are better/superior to you
- Never get regular sex or have a girlfriend that i want
- Constantly feel isolated due to lack of friends or social life
- Feel more vulnerable as people tend to attack me or pick on me more readily than they would a more 'popular' person
- Constantly feel lack of self confidence and self doubt especially going into new situations
- Tend to avoid new situations and new people because of worry that someone will be nasty or whatever
oh
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I am in tears !!!

I actually do I can't get sex otherwise. I don't think i'm hideous but i'm very socially awkward and my looks aren't good enough to offset that
Pretty standard apart from relationships. I tend to blend into the background when I'm with other with other people I don't know, which used to bug me. But now it doesn't really bother me because I'm not that interested in being heard anymore. After a while you just don't really care.

Other than that it's fairly average I suppose, I don't get hurled abuse in the streets or anything and people don't seem disgusted when they talk to me. :dontknow:

This is one of the saddest things I've read on TSR so far :'(

Who made you feel this way? Who's been saying nasty things to you?

Never be ashamed of who you are.

If you feel this way about yourself you need some serious confidence and self-esteem boosting. Appearance is only one aspect of who you are. Don't base your self worth on how you look or how you think you look
Original post by кяя
I used to be a quite unattractive child and it was pretty horrible. Everyone called me names and I felt so so jealous and ugly when I saw a pretty girl or when boys would talk about pretty girls in my classes. I was depressed.

But I was very young, and fortunately I grew into my looks so I'm good now! Thankfully. But I can only assume how horrible it would be to feel ugly at my age (18).

On a side note, I know a lot of people who I thought were visually unattractive when I first met them, but as our relationship got stronger, they changed in my eyes and they became attractive. Like I put on rose-tinted glasses. Same with some very beautiful people who turned out to be rude and horrible human beings, so they became ugly in my eyes.

This. All the way. I don't care how attractive a guy is; if he's a total douche to me and other people it's an instant turn off.
Well out of all the people, I would be the one to know....
So, let me start at the beginning...
Yes its hard (like ma fella :wink: I gotta get rid of a lot of sexual frustration due to no attention) It's always lonely and I can't even walk through my own house without someone looking at me due to my intense unattractiveness.
I am of the age 27, and still haven't had my first kiss :frown: so if anyone is feeling any pity for me, I will gladly take the attention. :smile:
I was just wondering if any people who consider themselves visually unattractive to share what life is like, and do you see any differences between your life and those who are considered visually attractive?

Meh, you get used to it, eventually real life takes over, job, finances, academia, health ect.

But the trip to Amsterdam does get annoying eventually
People who feel like this have no job. Do you really think someone who does an 8-5 in London +3 hours travel 5 days a week with extra work at home to complete have the time to do this ****? No. If people actually had responsibilities in life they won't spend hours in front of a mirror crying
Original post by Gears265
People who feel like this have no job. Do you really think someone who does an 8-5 in London +3 hours travel 5 days a week with extra work at home to complete have the time to do this ****? No. If people actually had responsibilities in life they won't spend hours in front of a mirror crying

Okay, Gears265, I know you are at University/ work in London but have you thought that maybe she doesn't live or work in London? I understand that London is the capital of England but there is the rest of the country to consider.

It's possible to hold down a job/ studying and still be suffering from major self esteem issues and mental health issues. I know this because I've done it and coming out of it now.
I'm am unattractive as **** yet my mind is always on the game. I got money, work, university, sports, the terrible London travel to always keep my mind busy. I wish I had time to give a **** about being unattractive but since I have real responsibilities in life I have not got the time. I say it again- you must have a lot of free time if this stuff takes over your life.

Latest

Trending

Trending