The Student Room Group

Xbox One Power Supply Blown

My Xbox One Power Supply blew the other day. Was playing it on the floor to let my girlfriend have the big TV, and I left a cushion on the power supply and it overheated/fuse blew. My own fault.

I'll be coming home from work to a new power supply in a couple of hours, but im scared whether it will it have damaged the xbox. There was a big pop, and the xbox turned off instantly. However, the power supply was overheated and the xbox was not. Was it just the power supply? :frown: (no mocking comments if possible, im not very practical with electronics :frown: )
Reply 1
Original post by NoHeroes94
My Xbox One Power Supply blew the other day. Was playing it on the floor to let my girlfriend have the big TV, and I left a cushion on the power supply and it overheated/fuse blew. My own fault.

I'll be coming home from work to a new power supply in a couple of hours, but im scared whether it will it have damaged the xbox. There was a big pop, and the xbox turned off instantly. However, the power supply was overheated and the xbox was not. Was it just the power supply? :frown: (no mocking comments if possible, im not very practical with electronics :frown: )

If it was still under warranty you could go back to the shop you got it from (I'm pretty sure they cover cables and supplies plus it's for free :biggrin:)

Otherwise you should check if the cable/supply you get is XBOne approved because if you get one that looks like it fits but it isn't approve you could damage your Xbox :frown:
Reply 2
Got home and it worked fine :smile: thanks though!

Quick Reply

Latest