Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So how do you think your exams went? watch

ReputationRep:
    Now that the ASs have finished for most people, or at least coming to an end, how do you think they've gone? Or if you're A2 or GCSE, how are they going? What you planning on doing to celebrate the end of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Now that the ASs have finished for most people, or at least coming to an end, how do you think they've gone? Or if you're A2 or GCSE, how are they going? What you planning on doing to celebrate the end of them?
    mm mine went ok, but not expecting 3as to be honest, 2as maybe, and im gonna have a massive party next monday :cool:

German: Oral - Good Listening reading - Excellent Writing - ****
    Geography - Great
    Computing - Ok, apart from a few questions
    Maths - M1 - not great P1 - Great - P2 - Still to do
    Economics - Not sure how i did - id say it was quite good

ReputationRep:
    Now that the ASs have finished for most people, or at least coming to an end, how do you think they've gone? Orif you're A2 or GCSE, how are they going? What you planning on doing to celebrate the end of them?
    I'm just so happy - I can return to normality.
    Going out tomorrow to get slaughtered, then again on Friday for the big one - after which virtually everybody has to get up early to go to Manchester Uni, lol.

Blow-by-blow summary:
    Geography - It was smashing and most the hard stuff on the syllabus was left out.
    History - Went well . Although it asked one or two annoying questions.
    English Lit - Went good, apart from an utterly annoying question thrown up in the poetry section.
    Economics - The worst by a long way, I hope I scraped a B because my module 3 was dire. .
    General Studies - Who cares? Not I.

How did yours go and what are you up to now it's over? Cheers for starting this thread, we AS-people need to bond more tightly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah power to the AS people!

I had my last exam yesterday, and I went out for a massive night in London last night with all of my friends, and got a taxi home at 8am I'm going to Manchester on Sat too!!

Ok, here's a blow by blow for me:
    German (AQA): Oral went brilliantly, best I've ever done, reading and listening was ok, writing was pretty damn awful, maybe it'll average out!
    Geography (Edexcel): Skills paper was really good, physical was ok, human was a bit rubbish.
    Economics (Edexcel): Best by far for me, one funny question in unit 2, but other than that, all good!
    Biology (Edexcel): Coursework was good I think, unit 1 and 2 went well, unit 3 was a ridiculous, stupid excuse for an exam!

ReputationRep:
    so far...
    p1 was great
    phy 2 was great
    phy 3 was great (although the practical was shocking)
    chem 2 was great
    chem 3 was quite good
    german was pretty good
    german oral was ok

ReputationRep:
    Yeah power to the AS people!

I had my last exam yesterday, and I went out for a massive night in London last night with all of my friends, and got a taxi home at 8am I'm going to Manchester on Sat too!!

Ok, here's a blow by blow for me:
    German (AQA): Oral went brilliantly, best I've ever done, reading and lisening was ok, writing was pretty damn awful, maybe it'll average out!
    Geography (Edexcel): Skills paper was really good, physical was ok, human was a bit rubbish.
    Economics (Edexcel): Best by far for me, one funny question in unit 2, but other than that, all good!
    Biology (Edexcel): Coursework was good I think, unit 1 and 2 went well, unit 3 was ridiculous, stupid excuse for an exam!
    I'm pleased to hear it went well! Hehe - 8am naughty, naughty! How did you manage that? The worst I've ever managed was 6am and that got me in a lot of trouble, lol.

It's cool that you're going to Manchester - are you going to Bristol the week after?

What are you thinking of doing at uni and where are you thinking of applying to?

All gone pretty shockingly so far (apart from P1) so I'm hoping for a good performance in S2 and computing to swing things back my way and get my dumb ass into Edinburgh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I'm pleased to hear it went well! Hehe - 8am naughty, naughty! How did you manage that? The worst I've ever managed was 6am and that got me in a lot of trouble, lol.

It's cool that you're going to Manchester - are you going to Bristol the week after?

What are you thinking of doing at uni and where are you thinking of applying to?
    We went to a lock in after the clubs closed, I got home 10 minutes before my parents woke up, so just managed to blag that I'd been in for hours
    I'm not going to Bristol, no. I'm applying to do Economics, but that limits me with uni choices, 'cos I don't have maths.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm
    Geography - (did human in January) Physical was hard. I didn't like it. STupid coasts case study questions...
    Biology - Unit 2 was great, unit 3 was stupid. Stupid stupid. Coursework i got a C/D, but i hate biology coursework.
    Chemistry - Ahhh that i found hard too. The coursework i just got an A in luckily. The open book paper i have no idea, that was kinda confusing.
    General studies - i don't care, I have no more ever!

ReputationRep:
    We went to a lock in after the clubs closed, I got home 10 minutes before my parents woke up, so just managed to blag that I'd been in for hours
    I'm not going to Bristol, no. I'm applying to do Economics, but that limits me with uni choices, 'cos I don't have maths.
    lol - sounds like a great night out.

I wanted to apply for Law until recently, but that was more because of 'prestige' and, to a lesser extent, parental influence. Something tells me I will enjoy History a lot more at uni and I have fallen in love with 18th century history in the past few months. A lot of the really top places only want ABB, so I guess that would make for a less stressful upper-sixth if I went for it.

ReputationRep:

I wanted to apply for Law until recently, but that was more because of 'prestige' and, to a lesser extent, parental influence. Something tells me I will enjoy History a lot more at uni and I have fallen in love with 18th century history in the past few months. A lot of the really top places only want ABB, so I guess that would make for a less stressful upper-sixth if I went for it.
    That sounds great. It's really important to do something you're interested in, otherwise you'll just be miserable, so good luck with it all

ReputationRep:
    Hi nice thread thanks
    I do OCR further maths

P1 Excellent
    P2 todo
    P3 Goodish, not that well but evry1 said it was hard so Im hoping theyll bump up my UMS. I think I got about 45/60 last question was a........
    S1 Excellent, no disrespect but S1 is a joke
    S2 todo
    M1 todo

Hoped Grade A
    Estimated UMS 500/600

AQA Chemsitry
    Unit 1 Quite hard but surely an A
    Unit 2 Execellent loved it and other people found it hard
    Unit 3 Good didnt know a couple of definations but went well

Hoped Grade A
    Estimated UMS 270/300

AQA Economics
    Unit 1 Good revised buffer stocks that morning and was on the paper
    Unit 2 Ok made a mess of 1 of the questions
    Unit 3 Excellent choice sport randomly even though we told to do housing but housing looked way too hard

Hoped Grade A/B
    Estimated UMS 240/300

General studies and communication, who cares
    Overall its gone really well exams easier then I thought role on AAB

ReputationRep:

I just wanted to say that that's such a wise decision. If you're going to spend 3 years of your life studying one subject, you have to love it. You're also more likely to get a place at a top uni if they can discern a real passion for the subject. And it doesn't even stop you from becoming a lawyer if you change your mind in 3 years, as there's always conversion courses. A History degree is a good academic basis for anything. Enjoy the open days and good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    That sounds great. It's really important to do something you're interested in, otherwise you'll just be miserable, so good luck with it all
    Definitely, although law is a bit of an unknown quantity, seeing as I have never done a qualification in the subject. At least with history I know where I stand - and I can while away my hours reading history books on manicured lawns, lol. Which other open days are you thinking of going to?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, although law is a bit of an unknown quantity, seeing as I have never done a qualification in the subject. At least with history I know where I stand - and I can while away my hours reading history books on manicured lawns, lol. Which other open days are you thinking of going to?
    I've already been to open days at Nottingham, Cambridge, Oxford and Birmingham. I'm going to Manchester, and Newcastle. Not sure on my final 6 choices to apply to yet though. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    I just wanted to say that that's such a wise decision. If you're going to spend 3 years of your life studying one subject, you have to love it. You're also more likely to get a place at a top uni if they can discern a real passion for the subject. And it doesn't even stop you from becoming a lawyer if you change your mind in 3 years, as there's always conversion courses. A History degree is a good academic basis for anything. Enjoy the open days and good luck with it!
    Thankyou, history it is then! Are you taking AS-levels? Which subject are you thinking of doing at university?

Shameless uni promotion.....University of Edinburgh Open Day - Friday 18 June 2004

ReputationRep:
    I've already been to open days at Nottingham, Cambridge, Oxford and Birmingham. I'm going to Manchester, and Newcastle. Not sure on my final 6 choices to apply to yet though. How about you?
    I've only been to the LSE and Birmingham (which doesn't really count as it's only up the road).
    I'm going to go to Manchester and Bristol within the next fortnight. I'm going to the Durham one, which I think is in the next month or so. As for beyond that, to be honest I haven't really looked at the schedules (which reminds me I should look at opendays.com).

I want to have a look at UCL, Exeter, Nottingham (although I haven't booked) and Cambridge (which I may be going on a school trip to). I applied for a Law summer school at Oxford, but they haven't contacted me - which could be a good thing, as I've begun to have second thoughts about it.

ReputationRep:
    Economics: Pretty well, hoping for at least a B I would be dissapointed if it was lower.

Chemistry: First exam was good, second was a little harder again hoping for a B

Maths: ooh a mixture- Pure 1 was great, Stats 1 was awful and still have D1 to go. I was hoping for an A, because I want to do Economics at uni but I think I've blown it now what with doing really crap at Stats 1.

History: Who knows! I thought I'd done really well in the January module but ended up with a D. As the answers arn't as black and white as with my other subjects I'm prepared for anything from a U to an A. (Although I would of course prefer the A )

I keep trying to tell myself that there are alway re-sits but I'm quite worried because I know that my AS results will be the basis of my predicted A2 grades which all the unis are going to see

ReputationRep:
    Business2-3: not so good but I got an A in january for Unit 1 and my teacher said hes gunna predict me an A even when I slip down to a B.
    ICT1-2: Really easy after doing relatively little revision, definately expect an A from each exam although didn't fare well in the gay coursework which is 40% of the total AS.
    Media1-2:First paper was by far the worst I have ever done on an exam almost missed out the 2nd half of it and only got 5mins to do a 45minute essay. 2nd paper was easy, dropping it anyway.
    Maths: Methods(like P1 for most of you) only one I really revised for and it definately helped, quite a basic paper. Have S1 on Monday and its a real ***** of an exam!

All in all quite happy although all my non-statistic mates have all finished which is kinda annoying.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.