The Student Room Group

Industrial Placement in Technology (London)

Hi,

I'm in my second year at uni and want to take a year out to go on a work placement. They have to be in London and I've applied to a few already including: Goldman Sachs, KPMG, IBM and Accenture. Can anyone suggest any more companies that have technology placements on offer?

Thanks!
There will be loads. Most of our placements came through the our department office or were pinned up on the departmental noticeboard. Do you have something similar? Don't discount smaller firms. Big is not necessarily better unless you are looking for bragging rights.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Well considering so many companies have an office in London you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a range of roles to apply for. If you don't already, I highly recommend browsing sites such as RateMyPlacement, TARGETjobs, and Gradcracker. I found them extremely useful when searching placements and they have a lot of information in one place. RateMyPlacement have reviews from students regarding their internship or placement experience which may help you decide where to apply and Targetjobs usually have tips on what to write in your application, what the hiring process is for a certain company, etc.

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending