various symptoms- ideas?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have seen a doctor recently and will be talking to one at some point again, but until then I would appreciate some ideas if nothing else then to help me with what to emphasise to them.

I'm getting heart palpitation- like feelings and am almost constantly feeling sick or having lower abdominal pains (like period pains pretty much) I have a thirsty feeling in my throat, but feel too ill to eat or drink practically anything (just very small quantities). My throat, ears and eyes itch.
I feel like I am needing to pee more than often, but am not actually able to pee more. I also feel like I should be having diarreah based on how my stomach and anus feel, but am almost unable to pass stool.
my urine dip test has come back normal (I recently had a uti).
pretty much every time I move I feel more sick and palpitations set in. I also feel like i am shaky and more sensitive to hot and cold. I have occasionally been feeling light headed or dizzy too.

I have mentioned the palpitations to a doctor already and it is possible that they are due to an ongoing condition. This is why I am not seeking any urgent help for it which I otherwise would.
the other symptoms do not match this condition though.

my main concern is the stomach pain and ill feeling (though the itchy eyes are very strange as its been going on for a couple of days now).

urine test has come back with no sign of infection or sugar imbalance. I am not being physically ill and do not appear to have any external indicators of ill health. A doctor has had a quick feel of my abdomen and it is not at all tender or unusual feeling.

as I said I will be seeing a doctor again at some point, but I would like any thoughts on what may be causing it and how soon I should wait before seeing somebody (should I see if it clears up in the next couple of days)

thanks a bunch for any thoughts
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have seen a doctor recently and will be talking to one at some point again, but until then I would appreciate some ideas if nothing else then to help me with what to emphasise to them.

I'm getting heart palpitation- like feelings and am almost constantly feeling sick or having lower abdominal pains (like period pains pretty much) I have a thirsty feeling in my throat, but feel too ill to eat or drink practically anything (just very small quantities). My throat, ears and eyes itch.
I feel like I am needing to pee more than often, but am not actually able to pee more. I also feel like I should be having diarreah based on how my stomach and anus feel, but am almost unable to pass stool.
pretty much every time I move I feel more sick and palpitations set in. I also feel like i am shaky and more sensitive to hot and cold. I have occasionally been feeling light headed or dizzy too.

I have mentioned the palpitations to a doctor already and it is possible that they are due to an ongoing condition. This is why I am not seeking any urgent help for it which I otherwise would.

my main concern is the stomach pain and ill feeling (though the itchy eyes are very strange as its been going on for a couple of days now).

urine test has come back with no sign of infection or sugar imbalance. I am not being physically ill and do not appear to have any external indicators of ill health. A doctor has had a quick feel of my abdomen and it is not at all tender or unusual feeling.

as I said I will be seeing a doctor again at some point, but I would like any thoughts on what may be causing it and how soon I should wait before seeing somebody (should I see if it clears up in the next couple of days)

What's your ongoing condition if you don't mind me asking?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
What's your ongoing condition if you don't mind me asking?
I have anxiety which can sometimes cause palpitations if I get set off but usually isn't an issue. I have also had some issues with my thyroid before so I will be having a blood test to check if that had come back.

neither of these have been an issue for quite a while but I recently had tonsillitis which may have triggered them again.
sw0nze
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have had palpitations from anxiety as well. it wouldn't hurt to get it investigated though, it would only take an ECG which doesn't take long

As for everything else, this is the stuff that your doctor will help you with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ivy.98
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hmm some symptoms sound familiar. I suffer from heart palpitations myself, and occasionally shaking, feeling cold, difficulty swallowing.. All this comes from my panic disorder and anaemia, maybe you could be suffering from iron or B12 deficiency?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ivy.98)
Hmm some symptoms sound familiar. I suffer from heart palpitations myself, and occasionally shaking, feeling cold, difficulty swallowing.. All this comes from my panic disorder and anaemia, maybe you could be suffering from iron or B12 deficiency?
I have vitamin deficiencies that are being managed by supplements. I have been tested for loads of deficiencies before so unless they have changes since then i should be covered on that front. I may ask for some tests to check that again though.

thanks
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Some of those simpletons match gastro enteritis so there may be some of that there have you taken a pregnancy test because that is also possible the hart palpitations are a worry get an a appointment with your local cardiology unit asap
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have anxiety which can sometimes cause palpitations if I get set off but usually isn't an issue. I have also had some issues with my thyroid before so I will be having a blood test to check if that had come back.

neither of these have been an issue for quite a while but I recently had tonsillitis which may have triggered them again.
Yeah thought it might be something like that which is why I asked. I too had so many crazy symptoms and I know the first thing my doctor wanted to treat was the mental health side of stuff and I'm by no means fine but treating the mental health stuff definitely alleviated some of the weird physical symptoms. Was your thyroid hypo or hyper?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
Yeah thought it might be something like that which is why I asked. I too had so many crazy symptoms and I know the first thing my doctor wanted to treat was the mental health side of stuff and I'm by no means fine but treating the mental health stuff definitely alleviated some of the weird physical symptoms. Was your thyroid hypo or hyper?
I always forget. Hypo I think. Not been an issue for a long time but I hear having viral illnesses can set it off so maybe that's what my tonsillitis did.
so can thyroid affect your stomach too?I've never seen any reference to i
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I always forget. Hypo I think. Not been an issue for a long time but I hear having viral illnesses can set it off so maybe that's what my tonsillitis did.
so can thyroid affect your stomach too?I've never seen any reference to i
Oh okay, well the thyroid produces hormones which interact with other functions in the body so it would probably produce symptoms in lots of areas in the body. I'm not a medical practitioner but I don't think what I've said is inaccurate. But definitely see your GP and get him to give you a blood test just to check.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (205)
33.33%
No (410)
66.67%

Watched Threads