The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Do you know anyone who's studying international business? I really want to know what are the average grades for the offer holders last year

Thanks!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Probably the biggest fail course at warwick is engineering, with entry req of not even an A*. My friend got in with ABBC hahaha
Original post by Foxab77
Probably the biggest fail course at warwick is engineering, with entry req of not even an A*. My friend got in with ABBC hahaha

Why the hate tho?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foxab77

what do you do, youre smashing sws? and also really? i thought we had a good department here...
Reply 24
Are you moving to Leam or Earlsdon next year? There's only one right answer!
Original post by Shahe
Are you moving to Leam or Earlsdon next year? There's only one right answer!

no, there isnt, and this constant hyping of a very average place like leamington is why the agents there are constantly able to rip students off. wake up, leamington is not some wonderland, its ok. getting a bus every day to and fro is ****ing lame.
Reply 26
Original post by welcometoib
no, there isnt, and this constant hyping of a very average place like leamington is why the agents there are constantly able to rip students off. wake up, leamington is not some wonderland, its ok. getting a bus every day to and fro is ****ing lame.

Have you lived in Earlsdon?! It's a ****hole
Original post by Shahe
Have you lived in Earlsdon?! It's a ****hole

no lol, leam. but seriously, most people who say cov is ****, are saying that based on hearing second and third years saying so. depends if you were brought up with a silver spoon, i would find most places in cov chill
Reply 28
Original post by welcometoib
no lol, leam. but seriously, most people who say cov is ****, are saying that based on hearing second and third years saying so. depends if you were brought up with a silver spoon, i would find most places in cov chill

I live in Earlsdon atm, I spent most of my life living in a less luxurious part of Birmingham (Sparkhill), based on that yeah it's kind of similar but Leam is why better for the university experience. I pretty much spend half my nights in Leam at the moment, wish I hadn't gone for the cheap rent. :frown:
Hi got an offer for a masters in biochem, anything to say about what the life sciences courses are like? Also what's your opinions on the different accommodations like how are the vibes different? Thank you!
P.s. The oxbridge reject thing made me laugh as it's so true XD
The Student Union and societies look really fun! Which ones are you involved with?
What accommodation were you at and what did you think of it?
Is Warwick a good place for history?
Original post by ShafTJB
If you have anything to ask, shoot away!

are there any halls that aren't self catering?
Original post by megmogs101
are there any halls that aren't self catering?

There aren't any catered halls, no. But you do get a Eat @ Warwick card where you can put money on it termly/whenever you want to give you access to the various eateries on campus. I've heard you also get a discount if you use it at an on campus supermarket.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Princepieman
There aren't any catered halls, no. But you do get a Eat @ Warwick card where you can put money on it termly/whenever you want to give you access to the various eateries on campus. I've heard you also get a discount if you use it at an on campus supermarket.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you use the eating at warwick card you get 10% off at every cafe on campus but not at the supermarket (which is pricier than Tesco, btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
If you use the eating at warwick card you get 10% off at every cafe on campus but not at the supermarket (which is pricier than Tesco, btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool, that seems so backward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by syahmishaarani
I am thinking on doing econs in warwick next year, how quantitative are the modules?

I do PPE but have lots of friends that do econ and I do one of the same modules. For economics, you do modules World Economic History, Micro and Macro, Quantitive Techniques and an optional module,

Quantitive techniques is the most mathematical module (I also do this one) the first term you do Maths B which is similar to A levels, it is mainly focused on optimising functions and matrices. Then in terms two and three you do Stats B and Computing and Data Analysis which completes the Quantitive techniques module. Stats seems boring but the lecturer is so good, and we have the same lecturer for CDA which is a group research project. Collectively CDA (20%) , Maths B (40%) and Stats B (40%) make up the Quantitive techniques module
What is the social side of Warwick like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Curioususer
Hi got an offer for a masters in biochem, anything to say about what the life sciences courses are like? Also what's your opinions on the different accommodations like how are the vibes different? Thank you!
P.s. The oxbridge reject thing made me laugh as it's so true XD

I can't tell you much about the biochem course but as you share the organic lectures with the chemists, I can say you will definitely enjoy the organic aspect of it. The lecturers are so nice, helpful and very welcoming when you first start.

Also, id like to add I think the OP is a bit deluded with his take. The average grade at warwick is 500 UCAS points. There is no such statistic to the letter grades he mentioned. I do a science and can tell you that some people are shocked they even got into warwick, as they just scraped by with their grades. Also, the vast majority of warwick isn't posh nor do they come from private schools, You can truss me daddy. Most come from worn down deprived areas of the country and the world. Most still like to make yo mamma comments and penis jokes. Warwick is just your bog standard university. It is an anomaly relative to its position in the league tables. Its a top 5 uni with a top 20 student ethos. Its practically like a bog standard russel group university, where deep down it shouldn't be.

Thats warwick university. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Latest