AQA English literature A coursework Watch

Hannahlewington
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi i am doing my coursework on enduring love, the crucible and othello. I need to write 3000 words on obsession, but i have no idea how to structure my essay. I need to use form language and structure! I'm really stuck with points as well.
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hannahlewington)
Hi i am doing my coursework on enduring love, the crucible and othello. I need to write 3000 words on obsession, but i have no idea how to structure my essay. I need to use form language and structure! I'm really stuck with points as well.
Point 1: How/Why is the obsession created? (In Othello, it was Iago whispering crap into Othello's ear. Enduring Love it's when the science dude (X) helps save the hot air balloon. Then the guy with the mental health (Y) becomes increasingly obsessed.

Point 2: What does it do? Othello turns insane and starts become what he has feared. Y becomes very paranoid and that conflicts with his rationality so the evergoing theme is reason vs emotion.

Point 3: The consequences of the obsession. Clarissa gets shot (or stabbed) can't remember. I think his name is Jed? He gets put in jail doesn't he or a psychiatric institute? For Othello, he ends up murdering Desdemona and then commits suicide, whith Iago still being alive. Such cruel irony.

I studied Othello, Enduring Love with Wuthering Heights. But changed the latter to Dorian Gray!
Hannahlewington
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you soo much!! really helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.85%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.96%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.21%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (246)
30.67%

Watched Threads