Staring CIMA - relevant work while studying

Watch this thread
CrawfordDave
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

I am considering studying for a CIMA qualification part-time and would like to ask anybody a couple of questions:

Is it possible to find related work (for the work experience part of the qualification), as soon as you enrol so you can work and study simultaneously from the start, and if so how would you find an employer who would consider this?

I have a Business and Management Bachelors degree so I'm hoping to be exempt from some of the foundation exams. I am also lucky enough to have some money to fund the qualification cost (I'm not sure on the total cost to get fully CIMA qualified but I have around £5000, is that enough?)

The reason I ask is because I require a source of income to support myself if I start the qualification and so I would ideally like relevant paid work which would complement the course.

Thanks in advance.

kennyize
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
hey there!

1. Definitely get a finance job as you do CIMA as you need 3 yrs working experience PLUS the exams to qualify

2. 5k is NOT enough for the whole thing if you want to do classes but maybe if you do online version it could be.

PLAN - he's a lil tip...do all your foundation and maybe 1 of the professional while you do this get a finance job (even if its a entry level), then when you done this apply for roles (you will have exp and exams that you paid for) they will see you as someone serious about moving up and qualifying and may offer you support to complete the remaining of your exams.

This way you MAY not have to spend your whole 5k on CIMA.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (81)
18.75%
The paper was reasonable (165)
38.19%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
27.31%
It was TERRIBLE (68)
15.74%

Watched Threads