The Student Room Group

Pets at uni

I really want a cat! I live in a house rather than halls but it's owned by the university and I'm technically not allowed pets but I doubt they'd notice. Would it be cruel? the cat would probably have to be indoors most of the time (I live near a main road) Has anyone managed to get away with having a pet at uni?
Original post by Heisenberg!
I really want a cat! I live in a house rather than halls but it's owned by the university and I'm technically not allowed pets but I doubt they'd notice. Would it be cruel? the cat would probably have to be indoors most of the time (I live near a main road) Has anyone managed to get away with having a pet at uni?

Dont try it please. They're really strict and you'd get kicked out and probably get a huge fine.
Don't do it it's not fair on the animal. Don't buy an animal until you're financially secure enough not only to feed it but to get insurance, pets get sick sometimes and it's doubtful you'd be able to afford veterinary treatment which is VERY expensive. Not to mention you'll be moving several times through your time at uni and cats hate that it'll be very stressful for the cat and all because you were too selfish to think about it properly and wait.

And that's not even taking into account that you're not allowed pets. If they find out what are you going to do? Just stick in a shelter or get kicked out? Lets be honest, you'd get rid of it.

If you honestly couldn't think of the downfalls and why you shouldn't then you're not mature enough to be responsible for another animals life and well being

Quick Reply

Latest