The Guy At Work

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So this guy at work seems to have gotten the wrong idea or maybe it is just me being paranoid?

I started my new job a few months ago and during my training there was this guy who comes to collect paperwork for his department. And I was being trained to prepare these documents and the first day I met him, he was quiet and not talkative and it was a simple hi/how are you/I'm blah blah blah. he was the same with my trainer and others (who have worked there for years and know him)

now, I finished my training and he seems to grown an attachment towards me. He always walks in the past my department/desk even though his is all the way on the other side (literally a million doors away). he always requests that I do the paperwork for his department. he got me my favourite drink and even asked for my number - I gave it to him because I thought it would be nice talking to someone my age. he even (in front of others) asked me to come to him and he whispered "thank you" for no reason whatsoever.

The problem - he cant seem to stop smiling whenever he is around me and it is damn obvious to EVERYONE that he does this and it is damn awkard!!!!!!!!

The worst bit is that I am a very difficult person to be with and he still puts up with me. my moods, my rants, my complains even the smallest thing. if I hate a song and it is playing, he will listen to me complain about it just because my "voice is cute" (his words) and he loves my laugh because "it is cute". he said "was that you laughing?" and I said "yeah why, was it so bad" and he said "no it is a cute laugh"

once, I was angry with him because I was ill and he said in front of others "get away from me, I dont want your swine flu" and it irritated me and he noticed that because I smiled and walked away... he came after me later on and said "fine be angry with me, I wanted to tell you how beautiful you look today but ok" and I just left

WHAT DO I DO he is so damn attached, he comes and sits down and has his lunch with me, gets me chocolates etc... its so weird
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So this guy at work seems to have gotten the wrong idea or maybe it is just me being paranoid?

I started my new job a few months ago and during my training there was this guy who comes to collect paperwork for his department. And I was being trained to prepare these documents and the first day I met him, he was quiet and not talkative and it was a simple hi/how are you/I'm blah blah blah. he was the same with my trainer and others (who have worked there for years and know him)

now, I finished my training and he seems to grown an attachment towards me. He always walks past my department/desk even though his is all the way on the other side (literally a million doors away). he always requests that I do the paperwork for his department. he got me my favourite drink and even asked for my number - I gave it to him because I thought it would be nice talking to someone my age. he even (in front of others) asked me to come to him and he whispered "thank you" for no reason whatsoever.

The problem - he cant seem to stop smiling whenever he is around me and it is damn obvious to EVERYONE that he does this and it is damn awkard!!!!!!!!

The worst bit is that I am a very difficult person to be with and he still puts up with me. my moods, my rants, my complains even the smallest thing. if I hate a song and it is playing, he will listen to me complain about it just because my "voice is cute" (his words) and he loves my laugh because "it is cute". he said "was that you laughing?" and I said "yeah why, was it so bad" and he said "no it is a cute laugh"

once, I was angry with him because I was ill and he said in front of others "get away from me, I dont want your swine flu" and it irritated me and he noticed that because I smiled and walked away... he came after me later on and said "fine be angry with me, I wanted to tell you how beautiful you look today but ok" and I just left

WHAT DO I DO he is so damn attached, he comes and sits down and has his lunch with me, gets me chocolates etc... its so weird

edit: sorry, made a mistake!
username1623349
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just sit him down and calmly but gently explain how this makes you feel. Don't be too harsh on him hit make sure he understands you aren't comfortable. If he does like you, he'll stop
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
Ummm. I'm a guy and if a girl was acting like that towards me, I'd probably take it that either she's not interested in guys like that and wants to be really good friends or she's interested in me. So if you are saying you are not interested in him, let him know. It's kind of like you are leading him on unintentionally
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (24)
16.78%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (48)
33.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.79%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
9.79%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.9%
I think it's an unfair expectation (33)
23.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed