Joe45678
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in year 12 and i was wondering if there was anything i should think about doing in preparation for uni, i know I've got a while but i was just wondering if anyone had any tips?
Unkempt_One
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maths and Physics A levels are adequate preparation for Physics at university. Maths and Chemistry A levels are adequate preparation for Chemistry at university. Aim for As/A*s; if that doesn't fully occupy you, try stuff like the Physics challenge, UK Chemistry olympiad, general further reading (not pop science; stuff that actually expands your A level education). These are just to add some gloss to your application if you're aiming for top courses, but if you are aiming for top courses I'd recommend you put some extra work in.
Joe45678
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Unkempt_One)
Maths and Physics A levels are adequate preparation for Physics at university. Maths and Chemistry A levels are adequate preparation for Chemistry at university. Aim for As/A*s; if that doesn't fully occupy you, try stuff like the Physics challenge, UK Chemistry olympiad, general further reading (not pop science; stuff that actually expands your A level education). These are just to add some gloss to your application if you're aiming for top courses, but if you are aiming for top courses I'd recommend you put some extra work in.
okay thanks for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (410)
67.43%
No (198)
32.57%

Watched Threads