Anyone else feel like hate is growing globally?

Watch
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

Just feels like something bad is about to happen? Another depression? maybe another war?

Everyone just seems so illogical and full of hate

strange.
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes! Unless it's me getting older i was wondering this tother day.

I blame the tories and the media and their keeness to vilify the disabled and the unemployed. I blame people who are stupid enough to go along with this ****.

Oh and isis, they are scary. I think the fear is that although I want to believe its just a few weird one man bands, there could be more to it.
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)

Just feels like something bad is about to happen? Another depression? maybe another war?

strange.
Aren't we living in the most peaceful era? Like ever? Which tbh says a lot about other times in history, if today is the most peaceful time
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by beautifulbigmacs)
Yes! Unless it's me getting older i was wondering this tother day.

I blame the tories and the media and their keeness to vilify the disabled and the unemployed. I blame people who are stupid enough to go along with this ****.

Oh and isis, they are scary. I think the fear is that although I want to believe its just a few weird one man bands, there could be more to it.
Think it's a whole host of factors but you're right. Not quite sure what's going to happen.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Internet)
Aren't we living in the most peaceful era? Like ever? Which tbh says a lot about other times in history, if today is the most peaceful time
So they keep saying! think there's a lot of good and hope but at the same time a lot of scary **** happening.
Kittyboy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no
z33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yupp
damn you ISIS - tearing us apart -_-

people are scared to leave their houses, they're scared to go out, get the train, live a normal life because of all these threats and terrorist attacks happening - it's gonna add up to something bad...
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by z33)
yupp
damn you ISIS - tearing us apart -_-

people are scared to leave their houses, they're scared to go out, get the train, live a normal life because of all these threats and terrorist attacks happening - it's gonna add up to something bad...
think that's a factor to do with it but people are generally miserable/angry for other reasons too.
z33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
think that's a factor to do with it but people are generally miserable/angry for other reasons too.
True - it does feel like it

And there's been a 60% increase in worldwide suicide rates in last 45 years so we're not delusional
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by z33)
True - it does feel like it

And there's been a 60% increase in worldwide suicide rates in last 45 years so we're not delusional
Jeez know where all those are happening? developed countries?
z33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Jeez know where all those are happening? developed countries?
Well according to the World Health Organisation from number one (Guyana) to number 13 are not developed but Russia is number 14 with 19.5 suicides per 100 000 people per year! Well Russia is a very large country to be fair...
Finland, Belgium, Iceland ranked in the 30s
France is at 47, US is 50th (12/100000)
UK is at 105 with 6.2/100000

Arab/ Muslim countries are ranking with the lowest suicide rates (:O)!
And the country with the least suicides is Syria/ Saudi Arabic with 0.4/100000

(this was 2012 btw) 0_0
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by z33)
Well according to the World Health Organisation from number one (Guyana) to number 13 are not developed but Russia is number 14 with 19.5 suicides per 100 000 people per year! Well Russia is a very large country to be fair...
Finland, Belgium, Iceland ranked in the 30s
France is at 47, US is 50th (12/100000)
UK is at 105 with 6.2/100000

Arab/ Muslim countries are ranking with the lowest suicide rates (:O)!
And the country with the least suicides is Syria/ Saudi Arabic with 0.4/100000

(this was 2012 btw) 0_0
Wow thanks for that summary. A lot to ponder.

I just came across this article very good read especially towards the end:
http://www.alternet.org/personal-hea...-across-planet
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

strange.
No, was much worse during 1900-1945. The world was at war due to hatred, intolerance etc
z33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow thanks for that summary. A lot to ponder.

I just came across this article very good read especially towards the end:
http://www.alternet.org/personal-hea...-across-planet
no problemo! hmmm interesting article - seems like the trigger (not necessarily the cause) for this rise in suicides would be the media and pressure put on people maybe by their peers or by family or by themselves really. Seems like some are finding it difficult to keep up with the world.
z33
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
No, was much worse during 1900-1945. The world was at war due to hatred, intolerance etc
world is gonna be at war again soon :/ it's kind of already happening

we came quite far and have just been pulled back a bit again but let's hope we move forward again
IreneG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We ARE already at war.
All superpowers are now implicated.
There is no going back, III World War is starting.
Zargabaath
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Part of me thinks that maybe it's because we're growing up and become more socially aware, that we're just noticing these things more. Maybe our parents went through the same thing and felt the same feelings. But part of me also thinks because of the nature of the Internet and social media, we're bombarded with so much more news then previous generations used to be and that's caused people to become more disillusioned with others then previous generations did.
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I expect there must be some significant change in the near-future. Global warming will catch up with us for one...but otherwise Islamic extremism isn't going away, we're probably going to see (well I guess we are already seeing) a great increase in fear and racial tensions in Europe, and, perhaps scariest of all, Trump could be president.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by z33)
World is gonna be at war again soon :/ it's kind of already happening

we came quite far and have just been pulled back a bit again but let's hope we move forward again
There won't be a world war III this fight is mainly in the Middle East. It needs to be resolved by them.
_Dreamville_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Graph showing the decline of the use of the word 'peace' in literary texts over the past 200 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (221)
60.88%
No (76)
20.94%
Not sure (66)
18.18%

Watched Threads