Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how to cook?!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i'm just horrible! are there good ideas/recipes out ther for someone who at best can make cereal and a pb&j sandwich?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flds07)
    i'm just horrible! are there good ideas/recipes out ther for someone who at best can make cereal and a pb&j sandwich?
    Get a cook book. :rolleyes: It really ain't that hard to just follow the instructions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Get a cook book. :rolleyes: It really ain't that hard to just follow the instructions.
    but i can't spend 2 hours preparing something, i just need short, EasY recipes and ones that people in my situation would use

my sit. being incredibly busy and a terrible cook

ReputationRep:
    but i can't spend 2 hours preparing something, i just need short, EasY recipes and ones that people in my situation would use

my sit. being incredibly busy and a terrible cook
    There are plenty. Get a Nigella Lawson book, or even a kids one. The kids' ones are fun

ReputationRep:
    if u can afford it - go 2 supermarket an stock up on freezer food
    thats what i do
    + you can even get your veggies ready cut so all you hav 2 do is stick em straight in if you do want 2 actually cook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    There are plenty. Get a Nigella Lawson book, or even a kids one. The kids' ones are fun
    yeah, i guess you r right.. that'll be simple enough

ReputationRep:
    Calumc's guide to cookery, in two steps:

• Get some food.
    • Make it hot for a while.

Of course this only applies for hot dishes. For cold food, omit step two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Calumc's guide to cookery, in two steps:

• Get some food.
    • Make it hot for a while.

Of course this only applies for hot dishes. For cold food, omit step two.
    lol nice!!
    added tip: keep raw meat away from other stuff - food poisioning aint nice

ReputationRep:
    jamie oliver is the best for thrown together food... becuase im the same as you!! i reccommend (SP??!) the sausage and cider casserole:

fry however many sausages you want to eat till theyre brown on the outside, fry up one onion, and peel and core and slice and apple and brown that too.. then when its all sizzling, pour cider over it all, and whack it in a covered dish in the oven for however long you want, till its all cooked (anything up to 5hrs on low heat..gas mark 3..so cider can make sausages soft) and eat with piles of mashed potato (comfort food) and bloody good if you make it in the afternoon and just leave it in... couldnt reccommend strongly enough!! (ive got plenty more recipes if you really want some!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    jamie oliver is the best for thrown together food... becuase im the same as you!! i reccommend (SP??!) the sausage and cider casserole:

fry however many sausages you want to eat till theyre brown on the outside, fry up one onion, and peel and core and slice and apple and brown that too.. then when its all sizzling, pour cider over it all, and whack it in a covered dish in the oven for however long you want, till its all cooked (anything up to 5hrs on low heat..gas mark 3..so cider can make sausages soft) and eat with piles of mashed potato (comfort food) and bloody good if you make it in the afternoon and just leave it in... couldnt reccommend strongly enough!! (ive got plenty more recipes if you really want some!)
    nice
    did you come up with that by yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Get Delia if that fails live on pasta - just fry some onions and garlic in a pan add bacon or tuna or something, a bit of chilli & basil then tinned tomatoes ( I think thier heaven sent) cook pasta - volia!!!

ReputationRep:
    nice
    did you come up with that by yourself?

haha yes of course ......COUGH >JAMIE OLIVER< COUGH COUGH

ReputationRep:
    I think that it is fun to just try throwing together different things that you think will be good. But it's really not that hard to just follow the directions from a general cookbook if it gets into fancy french terms then get another one.

ReputationRep:
    Follow the instructions on the back of the packets of food of how to prepare, some of them have serving suggestions too. Like someone else said, get a childs cookbook. I remember in my childs cookbook i learnt how to make jam tarts and french bread pizzas. Mmm.. cheese! Lots of guides on the internet too. Also get tips from your friends and family. I have embarrasing stories about putting spaghetti on toast before cooking it, i didnt realise it had to be heated.. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    One word: Microwave.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Two words: Take away

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Two words: Take away

MB
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    no
    why not?

MB

ReputationRep:
    I can and love 2 cook!!!! 1 of my recipes(my own recipe, all my cooking comes from me not a book!!!) Its called chicken & brown gravy!!!

1. Get some chicken parts any kind!! Wings, breast,etc.

2. Clean, and season them with seasoning of ur choice!!

3. Flour the chicken.

4. Heat a pot with a small amount of canola oil(never use extra virgin olive oil!!) Let it get hot.

5. Once hot brown the chicken lightly and take it out!

6. Drain the oil, put the chicken back in the pot!! And put water in the pot just slightly above the meat!!

7. Cut up an onion cover the pot, put it on low and let it simmer!!
    Delicous!! Best enjoyed with rice!!! Makes the best brown gravy!! Yum!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy but sweet)
    I can and love 2 cook!!!! 1 of my recipes(my own recipe, all my cooking comes from me not a book!!!) Its called chicken & brown gravy!!!

1. Get some chicken parts any kind!! Wings, breast,etc.

2. Clean, and season them with seasoning of ur choice!!

3. Flour the chicken.

4. Heat a pot with a small amount of canola oil(never use extra virgin olive oil!!) Let it get hot.

5. Once hot brown the chicken lightly and take it out!

6. Drain the oil, put the chicken back in the pot!! And put water in the pot just slightly above the meat!!

7. Cut up an onion cover the pot, put it on low and let it simmer!!
    Delicous!! Best enjoyed with rice!!! Makes the best brown gravy!! Yum!!
    why so many exclamation marks? :confused:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.