This discussion is closed.
flds07
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
i'm just horrible! are there good ideas/recipes out ther for someone who at best can make cereal and a pb&j sandwich?
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by flds07)
i'm just horrible! are there good ideas/recipes out ther for someone who at best can make cereal and a pb&j sandwich?
Get a cook book. :rolleyes: It really ain't that hard to just follow the instructions.
flds07
(Original post by Cate)
Get a cook book. :rolleyes: It really ain't that hard to just follow the instructions.
but i can't spend 2 hours preparing something, i just need short, EasY recipes and ones that people in my situation would use

my sit. being incredibly busy and a terrible cook
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
but i can't spend 2 hours preparing something, i just need short, EasY recipes and ones that people in my situation would use

my sit. being incredibly busy and a terrible cook
There are plenty. Get a Nigella Lawson book, or even a kids one. The kids' ones are fun
LaZyGaL
Report 15 years ago
if u can afford it - go 2 supermarket an stock up on freezer food
thats what i do
+ you can even get your veggies ready cut so all you hav 2 do is stick em straight in if you do want 2 actually cook
flds07
(Original post by Cate)
There are plenty. Get a Nigella Lawson book, or even a kids one. The kids' ones are fun
yeah, i guess you r right.. that'll be simple enough
A0307
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Calumc's guide to cookery, in two steps:

• Get some food.
  • Make it hot for a while.

Of course this only applies for hot dishes. For cold food, omit step two.
MiniBarSmarties
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by calumc)
Calumc's guide to cookery, in two steps:

• Get some food.
  • Make it hot for a while.

Of course this only applies for hot dishes. For cold food, omit step two.
lol nice!!
added tip: keep raw meat away from other stuff - food poisioning aint nice
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
jamie oliver is the best for thrown together food... becuase im the same as you!! i reccommend (SP??!) the sausage and cider casserole:

fry however many sausages you want to eat till theyre brown on the outside, fry up one onion, and peel and core and slice and apple and brown that too.. then when its all sizzling, pour cider over it all, and whack it in a covered dish in the oven for however long you want, till its all cooked (anything up to 5hrs on low heat..gas mark 3..so cider can make sausages soft) and eat with piles of mashed potato (comfort food) and bloody good if you make it in the afternoon and just leave it in... couldnt reccommend strongly enough!! (ive got plenty more recipes if you really want some!)
flds07
(Original post by presebjenada)
jamie oliver is the best for thrown together food... becuase im the same as you!! i reccommend (SP??!) the sausage and cider casserole:

fry however many sausages you want to eat till theyre brown on the outside, fry up one onion, and peel and core and slice and apple and brown that too.. then when its all sizzling, pour cider over it all, and whack it in a covered dish in the oven for however long you want, till its all cooked (anything up to 5hrs on low heat..gas mark 3..so cider can make sausages soft) and eat with piles of mashed potato (comfort food) and bloody good if you make it in the afternoon and just leave it in... couldnt reccommend strongly enough!! (ive got plenty more recipes if you really want some!)
nice
did you come up with that by yourself?
ovalorbit
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Get Delia if that fails live on pasta - just fry some onions and garlic in a pan add bacon or tuna or something, a bit of chilli & basil then tinned tomatoes ( I think thier heaven sent) cook pasta - volia!!!
presebjenada
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
nice
did you come up with that by yourself?

haha yes of course ......COUGH >JAMIE OLIVER< COUGH COUGH
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think that it is fun to just try throwing together different things that you think will be good. But it's really not that hard to just follow the directions from a general cookbook if it gets into fancy french terms then get another one.
kirbz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Follow the instructions on the back of the packets of food of how to prepare, some of them have serving suggestions too. Like someone else said, get a childs cookbook. I remember in my childs cookbook i learnt how to make jam tarts and french bread pizzas. Mmm.. cheese! Lots of guides on the internet too. Also get tips from your friends and family. I have embarrasing stories about putting spaghetti on toast before cooking it, i didnt realise it had to be heated.. :eek:
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
One word: Microwave.

MB
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Two words: Take away

MB
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
Two words: Take away

MB
no
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
no
why not?

MB
sassy but sweet
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can and love 2 cook!!!! 1 of my recipes(my own recipe, all my cooking comes from me not a book!!!) Its called chicken & brown gravy!!!

1. Get some chicken parts any kind!! Wings, breast,etc.

2. Clean, and season them with seasoning of ur choice!!

3. Flour the chicken.

4. Heat a pot with a small amount of canola oil(never use extra virgin olive oil!!) Let it get hot.

5. Once hot brown the chicken lightly and take it out!

6. Drain the oil, put the chicken back in the pot!! And put water in the pot just slightly above the meat!!

7. Cut up an onion cover the pot, put it on low and let it simmer!!
Delicous!! Best enjoyed with rice!!! Makes the best brown gravy!! Yum!!
pinkegokane
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sassy but sweet)
I can and love 2 cook!!!! 1 of my recipes(my own recipe, all my cooking comes from me not a book!!!) Its called chicken & brown gravy!!!

1. Get some chicken parts any kind!! Wings, breast,etc.

2. Clean, and season them with seasoning of ur choice!!

3. Flour the chicken.

4. Heat a pot with a small amount of canola oil(never use extra virgin olive oil!!) Let it get hot.

5. Once hot brown the chicken lightly and take it out!

6. Drain the oil, put the chicken back in the pot!! And put water in the pot just slightly above the meat!!

7. Cut up an onion cover the pot, put it on low and let it simmer!!
Delicous!! Best enjoyed with rice!!! Makes the best brown gravy!! Yum!!
why so many exclamation marks? :confused:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (28)
7.89%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (32)
9.01%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (77)
21.69%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (44)
12.39%
No, nothing has changed (109)
30.7%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (65)
18.31%

Watched Threads