UCAS form -- Entering AS resit

Watch this thread
ghvfdc999
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Somebody please help as this is driving me mad.

Basically, I took 4 AS's last year. I got decent grades in all my papers -- except for one of the two Government and Politics papers, which I will be re-sitting this summer.

So, after looking online and coming to the conclusion that this is how one should enter this re-sit on the UCAS application form:

I have entered all of my achieved AS grades in the AS section, including all of the module/paper grades (and including the bad grade I got in the second Politics paper).

I have then entered the 3 A-Levels I am taking this year (+ an EPQ I am doing) and have left all of the grades on this section as pending, 2016 qualifications.

So far, so simple.

But then, I have entered the AS government and politics module again in the AS section, and I have left the grade for this as pending in order to show that I will be re-sitting it this year. I have also put the qualification date as 2016 rather than 2015 to show that I will be retaking this paper this year.

I pay and send the application off.

My college send it back to me and tells me that the AS re-sit (Politics paper) should be removed from the AS section and placed instead as an extra, pending module under the A-Level Government and Politics section of my application.

I checked again online, and this seems to go against everything that I have read, including what is stated on the UCAS site.

So basically, my college will not send off my form until I put the AS module that I am re-sitting under the A-Level section of my form, despite the fact that this is completely counter-intuitive and goes against everything that I have read online thus far.

So what do I do? Shall I leave the G&P module that I will be re-sitting under the AS section as a pending 2016 qualification, or should I add it as a pending qualification under the A-Level section of the form?

Any help would be massively appreciated...
16characterlimit
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
For me and my Sixth Form the trick was:

Put the AS grade in the AS section as is.

For the A level section put all qualifications and exams that will be attempted plus the very same AS grades from the previous section with the exception of the modules you will resit where instead of putting grade X at 2015 you put pending in 2016.

So if you were doing it at my college you would have

A Levels

Gov. Politics Pending

Gov. Politics <Some A2 Exam>
Pending 2016

Gov. Politics <Another A2 Exam>
Pending 2016

Gov. Polics <AS you were unhappy with>
Pending 2016

Gov. Politics <AS you were happy with>
<Good grade> 2015

AS Levels

Gov. Politics <Your overall grade>

Gov. Polics <AS you were unhappy with>
<Bad grade> 2015

Gov. Politics <AS you were happy with>
<Good grade> 2015

I get the impression that's what they want right? If not well I recommend you do it their way, after all I they've been sending people to uni for years right?
ghvfdc999
Rep:
Great response, thanks.

This is what I ended up doing... I had just read some conflicting things online which had confused me somewhat
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Repsol)
x .
Already been answered... about 100 times
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3606799
ghvfdc999
Rep:
(Original post by emiloujess)
Already been answered... about 100 times
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3606799
sassy but thanks
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Repsol)
sassy but thanks
There was a smiley after that

But no problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
18.52%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
11.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
14.81%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
11.11%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
25.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
18.52%

Watched Threads