The Student Room Group

What do you think of the Porsche 911 ?

Personally, I think that because they never really change the looks that much, there just seem to be loads on the road.

And its not the kind of car id take a picture of. Its just not that interesting. I have respect for the car but don't think "wow - that looks awesome" each time I see one.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome Genius
Personally, I think that because they never really change the looks that much, there just seem to be loads on the road.

And its not the kind of car id take a picture of. Its just not that interesting. I have respect for the car but don't think "wow - that looks awesome" each time I see one.

And this topic is close to your heart how...?
Original post by ravioliyears

See if the thread's in the motoring forum, its a 'general' question and not one to do with me (hence why there's no back story etc).
It makes me want to ring 911 and be redirected to UK 999:frown:

On a serious note i think it is a good car :yy:

Porsches is a step up over m4s/c63s. Don't h8 m9.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
I prefer the Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3, love old supercars,
Original post by ravioliyears

Maybe because he likes cars and on the motoring section there are other people that like cars?

Just because its a student forum and most users can't afford to buy a Porsche now doesn't mean they can't be interested in cars.

You get some primary school children who are really in to cars and could tell you everything there is to know about a Porsche.
in terms of nice cars. It's the perfect car to get the shopping :tongue:

Performance day in day out.

But then again i don't see the M4 like a special car either.
Original post by Anonynmous

Well yeah its about 100k if you get a Carerra S properly specced.
To get the same power/options on an M4/C63 is 2/3 of the price.
So it has to be a 'step up' lol

But in terms of a car that gets attention as you drive by...i don't think it does.
I think its disgusting and insensitive to the victims of September 11 2001
Original post by Bill_Gates
in terms of nice cars. It's the perfect car to get the shopping :tongue:

Performance day in day out.

But then again i don't see the M4 like a special car either.

I agree. Which is why for 2/3 of the price, it represents better value.

If the Porsche was the car people would take pictures of you in as you pull up to traffic lights (like the BMW i8 for example), then I think it would be worth the money.
Well yeah its about 100k if you get a Carerra S properly specced.
To get the same power/options on an M4/C63 is 2/3 of the price.
So it has to be a 'step up' lol

But in terms of a car that gets attention as you drive by...i don't think it does.

It gets my attention when I see one - i like the way the car looks, it looks and is more "baller" than a M4/C63. that's what I meant about it being a "step up"
I agree. Which is why for 2/3 of the price, it represents better value.

If the Porsche was the car people would take pictures of you in as you pull up to traffic lights (like the BMW i8 for example), then I think it would be worth the money.

For sure. Think M4 suit you better too. Porsche screams mid life crisis and "hey look at me" still an epic car though.

I know what you mean... it's a sort of "grand heritage" type model that's not gonna be revamped any time soon like the Harley Davidson Sportster or Volkswagen golf. Still I think the newer models look appealing (not for me as I'm 6 foot 3 lol) and when it comes to German sports cars, the 911 has shut down Audi, Mercedes and BMW when it comes to track performance, the other 3 manufacturers have been so busy trying to build the biggest 6+ litre engines with over 600 horsepower but they can't match the race-power of the modest 911 which has an engine no bigger than 4 litres and no more than 450 horsepower

It gets my attention when I see one - i like the way the car looks, it looks and is more "baller" than a M4/C63. that's what I meant about it being a "step up"

Cars which get my attention:

All ferraris/lambos/etc

And other luxury brands with striking colours like...

For me, it isn't like ... oh that car's gonna cost someone 100k, i should probably look at it.

It is more 'baller' in the sense that its more expensive, but that is what baller means basically lol

But we're all different I guess.
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't think of the Porsche 911.
Reply 16

Yet the M4 absolutely RAPES every porsche 911 in terms of speed and lap times. Except the high end supercars like the 911 turbo or the 918 spyder.
The C63 is also faster than most porsche's but it is too out of control!

I am a huge BMW ///M fan especially of the M5, despite this, I do really like a Porsche 911 turbo, cayman gts and the 918 spyder.

All of the affordable Porsche's are pretty crap like all the Carerra's, pure girls car and no sense to change the shape.
Reply 17
Cars which get my attention:

All ferraris/lambos/etc

And other luxury brands with striking colours like...

For me, it isn't like ... oh that car's gonna cost someone 100k, i should probably look at it.

It is more 'baller' in the sense that its more expensive, but that is what baller means basically lol

But we're all different I guess.

That green M4 has just killed me!!!! :smile::smile::smile: WHAT A BEAUTY. I have been in the new generation 2015 M3 at 160mph and it was BRILLIANT. The noise is godly
Original post by Jeff548
Yet the M4 absolutely RAPES every porsche 911 in terms of speed and lap times. Except the high end supercars like the 911 turbo or the 918 spyder.
The C63 is also faster than most porsche's but it is too out of control!

I am a huge BMW ///M fan especially of the M5, despite this, I do really like a Porsche 911 turbo, cayman gts and the 918 spyder.

All of the affordable Porsche's are pretty crap like all the Carerra's, pure girls car and no sense to change the shape.

See my dilemma right now, is to keep my order for an BMW m4 or go for the very basic new Carrera. And that would be a car with hardly any of the options etc.

Im glad you said this, because I am sure there is a feeling among the Porsche community that the base models are pretty pointless and its only when you get to the GT3/Turbo that the cars are worthwhile.
See if the thread's in the motoring forum, its a 'general' question and not one to do with me (hence why there's no back story etc).

Fair enough :h:

Quick Reply

Latest