The Student Room Group

Glasgow vs Edinburgh University for Law

I'm hopefully going to be studying Law with French in 2016 and I've narrowed my choices down to Glasgow and Edinburgh, but I'm finding it really hard to choose between the two.
In terms of employment I've heard different things. I know for a fact that I definitely don't want to work (at least not as a solicitor) in Scotland and I'm more interested in working in England or possibly Europe. I've heard Edinburgh has a better reputation outside of Scotland but I've never really been able to find out if there's any truth in that claim?
In terms of student life, being from the surrounding areas I'm definitely more of a Glasgow person than an Edinburgh person. I've heard varying things about nights out in both places, but basically I'm wondering where will be best for someone who likes going for a drink but is not overly keen on clubbing (at least not on the regular).
I've been indecisive between the two for a while, and right now I think I'm leaning towards Edinburgh for the change of lifestyle/atmosphere, but at the same time I love Glasgow and love Glasgwegians so I don't know if I'd fit in/stick out a bit in Edinburgh.
Sorry that this was about a million questions in one, but thanks in advance for any help.
I'm literally thinking the same way as you in that I want to work in England and I'm not that keen on clubbing but like having a drink! From what I've heard Glasgow and Edinburgh are now on an equal footing and it will not matter at all which one you go to, in terms of employment afterwards. Glasgow is apparently the best law school in the uk for graduate employment anyway. I'm waiting till I get responses back from the universities before I decide.

Quick Reply

Latest