The Student Room Group

What do you do with clothes you don't wear anymore?

I'm going to be getting some new clothes as I am going on a three week trip with college and looking through my clothes has made me realise that I don't wear half of them.. I don't really want to just throw them out but I'm not going to wear them again...

Also, what do you do with your summer clothes in the winter? My wardrobe is really small so I don't really want to just have them all in there together..

Scroll to see replies

Charity shop
Charity shop or someone who would like them :smile:

Edit: You could always sell them on ebay.
Given tons of clothes to charity.
If you've got sewing skills you could re-engineer them into something better - but generally just ebay it.
anything designer i sell on ebay as i'll get more for it
and i give anything else to charity
ebay or depop
Reply 7
Original post by LillyLisaa
I'm going to be getting some new clothes as I am going on a three week trip with college and looking through my clothes has made me realise that I don't wear half of them.. I don't really want to just throw them out but I'm not going to wear them again...

Also, what do you do with your summer clothes in the winter? My wardrobe is really small so I don't really want to just have them all in there together..

Hi LillyLissa,

I usually give my old clothes to others it might be my friends, churchmate or classmate. I have also tried selling them on at a cheaper price.
I've given clothes away to charity shops before & sometimes sell things on ebay
You can recycle the clothes. For example, you create a cardigan by cutting down the middle of a dress and neaten up the frayed hem. :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Charity but if it's something like Topshop (or similar) I will put it on eBay.
Personally I keep them in my clothing drawers and insist one day in the future I will definitely need to wear it and shall never throw it away :frown:

Aside from that, probably clothing bins [charity] or just regular bin if the clothing is trashed.
Reply 12
cousins, little sisters, around the family it goesss :tongue:
i don't have clothes i don't wear anymore though... i barely have clothes!! I need to go shopping...
Original post by LillyLisaa

I wear my summer clothes in winter, with tights and a nice cardigan. :yep:
I donate them to my local theatre.
Reply 15
"I was asked whether I'd like to donate any of my clothes for the starving in Africa.....**** off, anybody that can fit in these clothes can't starving"
give them to cousin
Original post by Proxenus
give them to cousin

I guess he is really grateful. I give mine to a charity shop like a normal person.
Reply 18
I leave them in my wardrobe until I can't stand to see them anymore then I throw them out
Depop if it's in good condition *and still fashionable*

Quick Reply

Latest