Where to start to study astronomy in the future?

Watch
danthe vacuuman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In the future I am willing to do astronomy or any field in science that researches about the universe. which course is best to start of?
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by danthe vacuuman)
In the future I am willing to do astronomy or any field in science that researches about the universe. which course is best to start of?
Sorry, what exactly are you asking? Do you mean which GCSE/A Level courses are best?
danthe vacuuman
Rep:
?
Yup
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yup
Well if astronomy or cosmology is your aim, you are going to want to study a Physics or Maths degree at university, which means that you're going to want to take Physics, Maths and ideally Further Maths at A Level. For GCSEs, you probably should take triple science (although it's not strictly necessary).
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
Do you mean which course at university or, given that this is the GCSE forum, what you can do right now? If the latter, you can do a GCSE in astronomy if your school enters you for it and if one of your science teachers is willing to handle all the business of sending off coursework by the deadline.

If you meant what you can do at university, there's quite a choice. I recommend you have a look around on www.search.ucas.com. Depending on your other scientific interests, you may want to enter terms like 'astronomy', 'astronomy & physics', 'astrophysics' and so on.

Edit: As Plagioclase has said, you'll probably you'll also need to primarily take physical sciences at A Level to get into the kind of course you want to get into.
danthe vacuuman
Rep:
?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (281)
15.28%
Uncertainty around my education (288)
15.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (183)
9.95%
Isolating with family (130)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (84)
4.57%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (153)
8.32%
Loneliness (182)
9.9%
Financial worries (75)
4.08%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (170)
9.24%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.18%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (161)
8.75%

Watched Threads