The Student Room Group

Access to HE Nursing...What's next?

Hiya
I'm new on this site and i feel like i'll get some advice on here as i've lost hope in anywhere else.
I've just finished an Access to He in Nursing and didn't get enough grades to get into Uni to study a nursing degree. well my preferred uni. I had been given an extension to finishing my course due to surgery and recovery time, this left me with the lowest grades ever and i couldn't get into uni with it.
My question is, what can i do now to boost my grades? is there another course i can do to get into uni to do the nursing degree? I really need some help and guidance with this because i really want to do nursing as a career.
Please don't be negative as i feel rotten as it is.
Thank you in advance!
Original post by TiaCrow
Hiya
I'm new on this site and i feel like i'll get some advice on here as i've lost hope in anywhere else.
I've just finished an Access to He in Nursing and didn't get enough grades to get into Uni to study a nursing degree. well my preferred uni. I had been given an extension to finishing my course due to surgery and recovery time, this left me with the lowest grades ever and i couldn't get into uni with it.
My question is, what can i do now to boost my grades? is there another course i can do to get into uni to do the nursing degree? I really need some help and guidance with this because i really want to do nursing as a career.
Please don't be negative as i feel rotten as it is.
Thank you in advance!

You could use your access course to get onto a HNC in health and social care or a health professions foundation year at some universities (colleges also offer HNC's sometimes so there could be one locally to you to do it at) .
It means paying for a year of fees but assuming you ve got the GCSEs and necessary experience either should be enough to then get you onto a nursing course the year after :smile:
Reply 2
Claireestelle- you've literally pulled me out the gutter! I'm looking at HNC heath and social care right now and will apply asap! Thank you so much!
Original post by TiaCrow
Claireestelle- you've literally pulled me out the gutter! I'm looking at HNC heath and social care right now and will apply asap! Thank you so much!

No problem, glad to help:smile:
I did a HNC to get into nursing myself so think its a really good route, it certainly gives you plenty of knowledge to talk about in your ps and in an interview:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending