Turn on thread page Beta

Whats the best chinese takeaway to order?! duck? hmm.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    I agree, the take aways are the top notch places to get chinese food. You cant a nice expensive restaurant, one with chinese people in it. Usually the ones full of chinese people tend to serve good food.
    I normally go to one in Croydon....its also got a Wing Yip supermarket attached....for all your chinese supermarket needs.....lol..it's really funny when someone asks to buy a live eel....

G

ReputationRep:
    The Dialogue Of Ordering A Chinese From Jade Garden:
    1=me
    2=the Jade Garden Woman Who's Always Smiling!!!!

2-hello, Jade Garden
    1-hi Could I Order A Meal Please?
    2-of Course You Can, Wot Wud Like?
    1-roast Chicken Chinese Style, Egg Fried Rice, Chips And Prawn Crackers Please!
    2-ok So U Want Number 67 Roast Chicken Chinese Stye, 123 Egg Fried Rice, Portion Chips, Portion Prawn Crackers?
    1-yep Thats It Thanx
    2-ok, Be Bout Half An Hour, Number 56
    1-ok
    2-and Your Name Please?
    1-michael
    2-ok Thankyou, See You Soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    I normally go to one in Croydon....its also got a Wing Yip supermarket attached....for all your chinese supermarket needs.....lol..it's really funny when someone asks to buy a live eel....

G
    OOh we go there! The bakery is very nice. Brighton has a few good chinese restaurants but my parents are always too critical :rolleyes: London china town is still the best though.

ReputationRep:
    OOh we go there! The bakery is very nice. Brighton has a few good chinese restaurants but my parents are always too critical :rolleyes: London china town is still the best though.
    Yeh!! Nothing better than a Char sieu bao!

G

ReputationRep:
    Yeh!! Nothing better than a Char sieu bao!

G
    Nah, Don't like pork I like their coconut buns. Now in the restaurant I am a fond lover of Da Xia chang feng

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Don't like pork I like their coconut buns. Now in the restaurant I am a fond lover of Da Xia chang feng
    Now my chiense is a bit poor....but is that big prawn white thing wrapped aroiund it???

G

ReputationRep:
    Now my chiense is a bit poor....but is that big prawn white thing wrapped aroiund it???

G
    Yes!!! your chinese is not impoverished if you can recognise my favourite dish I also like Xingjiapo Chao Mian. Hmm, methinks my pu tong hua is a bit wrong.

What do you like?

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!! your chinese is not impoverished if you can recognise my favourite dish I also like Xingjiapo Chao Mian. Hmm, methinks my pu tong hua is a bit wrong.

What do you like?
    Singapore noodles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Singapore noodles?
    thats right i think!
    singapore fried noodles! =)

what's pu tong hua??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    thats right i think!
    singapore fried noodles! =)

what's pu tong hua??
    tong hua = soupy rice noodles

pu? { shiny trying to think? hmmm }

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    tong hua = soupy rice noodles

pu? { shiny trying to think? hmmm }
    hehehe!!
    im trying to put it into the context it was written.... :confused:

i assume hua here means language....and "pu tong" can mean different.....although that would be "bu tong"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i guess so.
    theres a thai place near me and there menu is identical to a chinese one near me???

Thai restaurants are the same, just far more posh and upmarket apparantley!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    hehehe!!
    im trying to put it into the context it was written.... :confused:

i assume hua here means language....and "pu tong" can mean different.....although that would be "bu tong"
    I know now! "Common language" or "common tongue"!

"pu tong" = common

"hua" = language

{ shiny slaps himself on head }

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I know now! "Common language" or "common tongue"!

"pu tong" = common

"hua" = language

{ shiny slaps himself on head }
    YESS!!! hahahahaha!!!! clever! my mandarin is so crap~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    YESS!!! hahahahaha!!!! clever! my mandarin is so crap~
    this food talk makes me hungry

ReputationRep:
    lemon chicken or roast pork with mixed vegetables.

ReputationRep:

What do you like?
    Me....my favourite dim sum has got to be siu mai [sorry..i only know what they are in cantonese....even though i'm mandarin...]....although i do love the paper wrap prawns. Cheng fan is lovely though...haven't had it in ages!!

My favourite dish is the Chow Ho/chow kwo teow....not sure what it is in mandarin

Shiny.....how does 'methinks my something rice noodle soup is a bit wrong' make sense!! :p:p Only jokin!!!

And yes..that is Singapore fried noodles...lol

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    Thai restaurants are the same, just far more posh and upmarket apparantley!

Lou
    xxx
    Noooooooooooooooooo!!! Chinese food is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUCH BETTER THAN THAI!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    it has to be prawn toast for starters and then crispy duck and seaweed with a sprinkling of black pepper sauce, and for pudding banana fritters with a big dollop of real dairy icecream, yum yum!!!

ReputationRep:
    i really love singapore noodles with sweet and sour pork, lemon chicken and chinese brocolli in oyster sauce.... Yum!!

chinese food is high in monosodiun glutamate which i try to avoid but i just cant wen it come to the food !

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.