Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling with mechanics unit all round any general help on how to understand questions/ understand any concepts better would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student2678)
    I'm struggling with mechanics unit all round any general help on how to understand questions/ understand any concepts better would be much appreciated.
    Hello there,

Is this the mechanics unit for the mathematics or physics qualification? There are generally some subtle differences in their approaches. I hope TSR can help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithenator5000)
    Hello there,

Is this the mechanics unit for the mathematics or physics qualification? There are generally some subtle differences in their approaches. I hope TSR can help.
    Physics-thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student2678)
    Physics-thanks
    Hello again,

It's hard to give any general 'all-round' advice for this sort of thing. Are there any particular types of questions you struggle with (i.e. interpretation, calculation etc.)? For general advice, all I would say is to try and look for links between each of the sub-topics in mechanics. Once you begin to spot connections, everything does in fact start to become a lot clearer. Also, try and become fluent in the definitions and equations. Once you gain fluency, everything tends to feel natural. I'm sorry if this is not the advice you are looking for; if you are looking for something else, please do not hesitate to ask.

PS: Have you considered hiring a personal tutor of sorts? It may help to get some one-to-one assistance of some sort.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 23, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.