The Student Room Group

Accommodation horror stories?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cole-slaw
Have you considered moving the university life forum to life and style rather than universities and university courses. It might get a bit more traffic in a more prominent position on the forum list.

As it is its a nightmare to find, I often forget its down there.

I know what you mean,
I do think that this section 'uni and uni courses section could be ABOVE the whole study help section. TSR does not even have my subject, or anything like my subject, and as many people on here are at uni should the uni section not be closer to the top as a more important section than the others-what about debate and current affairs even. After all it's a site for students, should uni not be a priority?

mini rant over, it's not me who decides the order.
Reply 41
I'm currently in year 1 at uni, in uni's halls

About the start of October (freshers here started at the start of September, so been here a month) after thinking all the things about halls being mad and having all kinds of problems were complete lies something in that kind of category happened.

11:00 at night. Got a knock on the flat door, went to answer it as there's never anyone else in my flat I don't think! It was someone on my (and one other flatmate's) course from a completely different section of halls so first is how did he get in?? But he's stood there with the bathroom door from someone else on the course asking if he could hide this door in our flat.I just closed the door! :biggrin:

Would love to know what happened next, did he just walk round halls carrying a door all night? Or did it eventually get put back onto whoever's bathroom it was from.

This is literally the only thing that has happened here. Other than that there is just notes we get delivered left out for 3,4, days because I don't think people are in my flat very often. No-idea what they do, they never around to ask! Still don't even know If there is 3 people in here or 4..
Reply 42
flatmate set the fire alarm off in the middle of the night after spilling beer on his jeans so tried drying it out with a hairdrier, only to push it against his leg and set his jeans alight. It also happened to be the first night I had bought my then girlfriend back to the flat and we were just settling down to fall asleep, she never came back to the flat again after the alarm scared the hell out of her
Reply 43
The thin walls means you can hear everything around you! EVERYTHING - noise, people laughing and talking and shagging. Fire alarms constantly going off from burning food and smoking weed and cigarettes; last one went off at half three in the morning. Sometimes we get power cuts and sometimes no hot water in the morning
Live in halls currently, since the begining of the year there is constant banging coming for next door, you can hear everyone shagging slagging everyone off. Constant smell of weed, next door are drug dealers so we have people come to our flat.
Than the girls in my flat are so rude even if there is washing up everywhere they will make a point of doing mine and bitching about how messy i am. One said they hated me and than the next day asked what my problem was! There rude theyve ruined the flat theyre constantly doing drugs and having parties. The people down stairs in charge just dont care
My worst horror story is the heating not always working correctly, the front door handle falling off in my hand when I tried unlocking the door one night.
Original post by AdorableDrip
Someone keeps putting ISIS promotional stuff under my door, it's pretty weird....and I don't know who it is, and it's only me in my flat getting it?

Did you ever find out who😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending