Lennie14!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hi please can you help me answer this question

Qn. Explain why the USA emerged from WW1 in crisis.

thank you
Lennie14!
Rep:
?
please help !!!!!!!
jammy4041
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's a few things, but, the defeat of Woodrow Wilson's interventionist foreign policy is quite important. The Congress wielded significant power over the executive, and never ratified the Treaty of Versailles and blocked Wilson's attempt to get the US into the League of Nations, which meant the League of Nations never had the clout that Wilson envisioned it would have. The aspect of price controls and a lack of markets, did not give sufficient relief for overproduction, and would eventually cause the Great Depression. There was also a considerable threat from Communism in Russia and left wing movements in Europe.
Lennie14!
Rep:
?
(Original post by jammy4041)
There's a few things, but, the defeat of Woodrow Wilson's interventionist foreign policy is quite important. The Congress wielded significant power over the executive, and never ratified the Treaty of Versailles and blocked Wilson's attempt to get the US into the League of Nations, which meant the League of Nations never had the clout that Wilson envisioned it would have. The aspect of price controls and a lack of markets, did not give sufficient relief for overproduction, and would eventually cause the Great Depression. There was also a considerable threat from Communism in Russia and left wing movements in Europe.
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (92)
65.25%
I don't have everything I need (49)
34.75%

Watched Threads