The Student Room Group

Plagiarism Checker?

Does anyone know where I can find one of these? Or explain how turnitin plagiarism checker, before I submit works?

I really need to check otherwise my mark will be capped and I'm not sure if any of my work is plagiarised (above 15%).

Original post by lizmoo0721
Does anyone know where I can find one of these? Or explain how turnitin plagiarism checker, before I submit works?

I really need to check otherwise my mark will be capped and I'm not sure if any of my work is plagiarised (above 15%).

Turnitin will highlight anything that makes a match in their database so just scan through the document and if none of the things highlighted are anything that looks like you copied something from somewhere, then you ve got nothing to worry about:smile: Generally if its in the 20s% i ve never had any problems with that, sometimes it can be even higher and you wont have copied any of it
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Turnitin will highlight anything that makes a match in their database so just scan through the document and if none of the things highlighted are anything that looks like you copied something from somewhere, then you ve got nothing to worry about:smile: Generally if its in the 20s% i ve never had any problems with that, sometimes it can be even higher and you wont have copied any of it

How do you access turnitin, do you have to make an account?
How do you access turnitin, do you have to make an account?

If you already submit your work online through your university website you shouldnt need an account really
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
If you already submit your work online through your university website you shouldnt need an account really

That's what I thought, but I can't log onto turnit in.
That's what I thought, but I can't log onto turnit in.

I think in that case you probably need to get it checked out as it sounds like it might be a tech problem or something

Quick Reply

Latest